• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bail Bonds/Bail Enforcement

AFCop

As my service in the AF comes to an end, I'm looking to start a part time adventure in BB/Bail Enforcement (with the idea of fulltime once I ETS). I am looking for information about some Hampton Roads companies who would welcome an AF vet with 11 years LEO experience. I'm getting the AF to pay for my initial certification class. (Bail Bonds/Firearms/etc).

I have my own gear (second chance vest, plate carrier/plates, black LE gear, asp and Taser. So until I knock out the requisite classes/licensing, anyone willing or in need of some assistance, I'd be willing to stop by, discuss, interview, etc in the interim.

To make this OC related, I'll be OCing a G22 with a G27 BUG while I do it... TIA

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
The Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services licenses/certifies bail enforcement agents. Go find out what you need to do to get your credentials. In the meantime, the Yellow Pages can be your friend.

Ask what gear the employer provides, and then decide what more you want to add. But please try not to look like those fools on TV with their batbelts and advertising sandwhich board vests.

stay safe.

AFCop

Ultimately I want a career law enforcement. This is to supplement my income for now but my curiousity is peaked, why do you say Nap...

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Ultimately I want a career law enforcement. This is to supplement my income for now but my curiousity is peaked, why do you say Nap...

Just advice.... but if you even have an inkling of a LE career understand there is no love between the Law Enforcement Community and Bounty Hunters at all.

Primus

AF can you specificy when you say le? Are looking for police corrections feds state local?

I can't speak either way about bail bondsmen we don't deal with them around here. On occasions we'll get the local sheriff running around doing warrant stuff but that's it. Besides the feds and staties running around our area.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

AFCop

Primus... Local PD preferably... I like being in a patrol car but I don't want to be limited to accident investigations and traffic so not really interested in state. But I'd take anything in the interim.

Primus

Primus... Local PD preferably... I like being in a patrol car but I don't want to be limited to accident investigations and traffic so not really interested in state. But I'd take anything in the interim.

Good answer. Its a pain to get into in some places but its worth it in the end.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

SFCRetired

If you are open to relocating, I believe you will find there are several agencies in Alabama that would give you very close consideration. You will more than likely have to go through an academy and become certified, but it is my understanding that the hiring agency pays for that.

Do not get involved with any of the bail bonding or bail enforcement agencies down here. With only one or two exceptions, I have not been impressed with the individuals working for them (Long story involving a wrong address).

hunter45

Come on down to South Carolina. We are hiring Parole Agents like crazy. They will put you through the state police academy in Columbia and you will be a certified LEO. We serve our own warrants and get to do a lot of fun stuff that POs in Virginia don't do.