Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Accusation against Buckeye Firearms

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    Accusation against Buckeye Firearms

    I don't know if the accusation is true or not. The poster from California refused to back it up, but he claims that Buckeye Firearms has filed a brief that is anti-open carry. Here is the link if anyone from that organization cares to press the issue:

    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post2019910

  2. #2
    Regular Member JustaShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    728
    His list is bogus, by his own admission it includes any organization that "filed an amicus brief in support of a case that argued that states can ban Open Carry". So even if the brief did not include language opposing open carry and may have argued for the case for other reasons, he paints these organizations with the same broad brush accusing them of being against open carry.

    As you have done, I would require a specific cite to review before believing that accusation for any organization, especially Buckeye Firearms Association.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

    Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    I figure he is breaking two OCDO rules with his posts, so I reported his latest post. I hope that every member of BFA does likewise.

    I told him that of all the firearms groups he mentioned in his posts, because of his behavior, the one he is "president" of has the least respect from me.

  4. #4
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,883
    OMGoodness, you start a separate thread cuz you didn't get a cite, REALLY...

    this from the poster who consistently fails to provide cites and has been chastised repeatedly by moderators for this behavious when he proffers an opinion and is asked to support them...and states he doesn't have to, then states he is moving on, then states he is putting the offender who asked for a cite on ignore...

    how contentious can you be...

    IPSE
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  5. #5
    Regular Member Fuller Malarkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Cadre
    Posts
    1,077
    I wish Charles Nichols, President of California Right To Carry, the absolute best, I hope he sticks around and becomes a part of the network here.

    Anyone that can give eye95 a case of the inflamed 'roids and move him to a full fledged head explosion in under 20 posts may be good to have around.
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

    From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

    "People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

  6. #6
    Regular Member Chuck!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    , Ohio, USA
    Posts
    143
    They're trolling pretty hard over there, and this is one reason that OCDO isn't an organizational force in the fight to restore our rights
    This community, as a whole, is more interested in who has the best put down than who has the best facts

    That said, California's problem is their own creation. They should have made sure of their rights before they started getting in everyone's face with their you tube videos and whatever-the-number-is checks by cops. I understand their strategy, it just didn't work, and I have the advantage of hindsight. It's gonna take a Supreme Court ruling to help them, and blaming their problems on 2A groups like BFA is not helping their cause.

    I don't see eye to eye with eye, but those guys ought to at least back up their accusations with an established fact that we all can see,,,,

  7. #7
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,620

    California is a diifferent nut to crack

    California, unlike even NY or D.C., is a completely distinct problem regarding person defense and RKBA.

    I liken it to the difference in cracking an English walnut and cracking open a black walnut. One can learn quickly how to extract the meat from the English variety, not so much the other.

    Black walnuts are "hard shelled" and resistant to traditional methods - a hammer and anvil must often be deployed and picks used carefully to acquire just a small taste. Worth the effort? If you are patient and persist, there are rewards.

    So it is IMO with California - it will take some time and extreme effort (courts) to crack their shell - eventually we'll have enough meat to bake a cake of celebration. Then we'll look to frost it.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    California, unlike even NY or D.C., is a completely distinct problem regarding person defense and RKBA.

    I liken it to the difference in cracking an English walnut and cracking open a black walnut. One can learn quickly how to extract the meat from the English variety, not so much the other.

    Black walnuts are "hard shelled" and resistant to traditional methods - a hammer and anvil must often be deployed and picks used carefully to acquire just a small taste. Worth the effort? If you are patient and persist, there are rewards.

    So it is IMO with California - it will take some time and extreme effort (courts) to crack their shell - eventually we'll have enough meat to bake a cake of celebration. Then we'll look to frost it.
    I notice you completely ignored the issue of the unsubstantiated attack against a gun rights organization. I guess some gun rights groups are more equal than others.

    Another case of unevenhandedness at OCDO!

  9. #9
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,278
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I notice you completely ignored the issue of the unsubstantiated attack against a gun rights organization. I guess some gun rights groups are more equal than others.

    Another case of unevenhandedness at OCDO!
    Were you not attacking a gun rights organization? I guess you think you are more equal than others?

    Why don't you ask the owners for a job as moderator? Otherwise let GS do his job before you end back up on your own defunct site.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  10. #10
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,620
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I notice you completely ignored the issue of the unsubstantiated attack against a gun rights organization. I guess some gun rights groups are more equal than others.

    Another case of unevenhandedness at OCDO!
    Ignored nothing.

    I believe it was the OP (you) that said:
    "Accusation against Buckeye Firearms
    I don't know if the accusation is true or not."

    Well neither do I. Since the "attack" was hardly direct and blatent, I see no reason to stifle conversation that might shed some light on the issue.

    "....some gun rights groups are more equal than others." ?
    I have objectively considered that "some gun rights organizations" are more effective than others - there is room for all of us to improve though, so that shouldn't be taken as a demeaning comment.

    Referencing your last line: You substitute personal opinion for facts.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 12-31-2013 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Formatting & removed ad
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  11. #11
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,278
    GS I do not always agree with you, but most of the time, and I respect your job. Even when I disagree.

    But honestly you have the patience of Job. Most sites attacks on the moderator are met with suspension or ban hammer. Your patience is a credit to this site.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  12. #12
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,883
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Were you not attacking a gun rights organization? I guess you think you are more equal than others?

    Why don't you ask the owners for a job as moderator? Otherwise let GS do his job before you end back up on your own defunct site.
    you forget WW he was editor - in - cheif of his very own forum... (http://civility.eye95.org/index/)

    that worked out well, Huh!

    and Grapeshot does have Job's patience...better man than I

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 12-31-2013 at 11:12 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Ignored nothing.

    I believe it was the OP (you) that said:
    "Accusation against Buckeye Firearms
    I don't know if the accusation is true or not."

    Well neither do I. Since the "attack" was hardly direct and blatent, I see no reason to stifle conversation that might shed some light on the issue.

    "....some gun rights groups are more equal than others." ?
    I have objectively considered that "some gun rights organizations" are more effective than others - there is room for all of us to improve though, so that shouldn't be taken as a demeaning comment.

    Referencing your last line: You substitute personal opinion for facts.
    BFA: Please note that OCDO allows unsubstantiated accusations against your organization to be posted without consequence. Shame on them.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,158
    A virtual tempest in a cyber-teapot!

    I hear the train wreck [apologies to Johnny Cash] a comin' It's rollin' 'round the bend, And I ain't seen the sunshine, Since, I don't know when, I'm stuck in Civility, And time keeps draggin' on, But that train keeps a-rollin', On down to San Antone.

    When I was just a baby, My Mama told me, "Son, Always be a good boy, Don't ever play with guns," But I shot a man in Reno, Just to watch him die, When I hear that whistle blowin', I hang my head and cry.

    I bet there's rich folks eatin', In a fancy dining car, They're probably drinkin' coffee, And smokin' big cigars, But I know I had it comin', I know I can't be civil, But those people keep a-tryin', And that's what tortures me.

    Well, if they freed me from this forum, If that train was mine, I bet I'd move on a little, Farther down the line, Far from OCDO prison, That's where I want to stay, And I'd let that lonesome whistle, Blow my Brown eye away.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 12-31-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  15. #15
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,278
    LOL
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  16. #16
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,620
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    BFA: Please note that OCDO allows unsubstantiated accusations against your organization to be posted without consequence. Shame on them.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>
    Shame on you for distorting/perverting the truth.

    Free and open discourse about another gun rights org, asking questions, is not in and of itself "accusations." Any serious claim regarding a stance against OC would require documentation and yes there are consequences for making false claims.

    Congratulations, you actually just insulted, attacked, and leveled a false charge against OCDO.

    You created this thread, raised the question, and then complain when it is discussed. Either you didn't know what you were doing or you did. If the latter, then it would appear that you take on the role of a provocateur.

    Under the circumstances at hand, this thread is closed.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •