• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Accusation against Buckeye Firearms

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustaShooter

His list is bogus, by his own admission it includes any organization that "filed an amicus brief in support of a case that argued that states can ban Open Carry". So even if the brief did not include language opposing open carry and may have argued for the case for other reasons, he paints these organizations with the same broad brush accusing them of being against open carry.

As you have done, I would require a specific cite to review before believing that accusation for any organization, especially Buckeye Firearms Association.

eye95

I figure he is breaking two OCDO rules with his posts, so I reported his latest post. I hope that every member of BFA does likewise.

I told him that of all the firearms groups he mentioned in his posts, because of his behavior, the one he is "president" of has the least respect from me.

solus

OMGoodness, you start a separate thread cuz you didn't get a cite, REALLY...

this from the poster who consistently fails to provide cites and has been chastised repeatedly by moderators for this behavious when he proffers an opinion and is asked to support them...and states he doesn't have to, then states he is moving on, then states he is putting the offender who asked for a cite on ignore...

how contentious can you be...

IPSE

Fuller Malarkey

I wish Charles Nichols, President of California Right To Carry, the absolute best, I hope he sticks around and becomes a part of the network here.

Anyone that can give eye95 a case of the inflamed 'roids and move him to a full fledged head explosion in under 20 posts may be good to have around. :lol:

Chuck!

They're trolling pretty hard over there, and this is one reason that OCDO isn't an organizational force in the fight to restore our rights
This community, as a whole, is more interested in who has the best put down than who has the best facts

That said, California's problem is their own creation. They should have made sure of their rights before they started getting in everyone's face with their you tube videos and whatever-the-number-is checks by cops. I understand their strategy, it just didn't work, and I have the advantage of hindsight. It's gonna take a Supreme Court ruling to help them, and blaming their problems on 2A groups like BFA is not helping their cause.

I don't see eye to eye with eye, but those guys ought to at least back up their accusations with an established fact that we all can see,,,,

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
California is a diifferent nut to crack

California, unlike even NY or D.C., is a completely distinct problem regarding person defense and RKBA.

I liken it to the difference in cracking an English walnut and cracking open a black walnut. One can learn quickly how to extract the meat from the English variety, not so much the other.

Black walnuts are "hard shelled" and resistant to traditional methods - a hammer and anvil must often be deployed and picks used carefully to acquire just a small taste. Worth the effort? If you are patient and persist, there are rewards.

So it is IMO with California - it will take some time and extreme effort (courts) to crack their shell - eventually we'll have enough meat to bake a cake of celebration. Then we'll look to frost it.

eye95

California, unlike even NY or D.C., is a completely distinct problem regarding person defense and RKBA.

I liken it to the difference in cracking an English walnut and cracking open a black walnut. One can learn quickly how to extract the meat from the English variety, not so much the other.

Black walnuts are "hard shelled" and resistant to traditional methods - a hammer and anvil must often be deployed and picks used carefully to acquire just a small taste. Worth the effort? If you are patient and persist, there are rewards.

So it is IMO with California - it will take some time and extreme effort (courts) to crack their shell - eventually we'll have enough meat to bake a cake of celebration. Then we'll look to frost it.

I notice you completely ignored the issue of the unsubstantiated attack against a gun rights organization. I guess some gun rights groups are more equal than others.

Another case of unevenhandedness at OCDO! :shocker:

WalkingWolf

I notice you completely ignored the issue of the unsubstantiated attack against a gun rights organization. I guess some gun rights groups are more equal than others.

Were you not attacking a gun rights organization? I guess you think you are more equal than others?

Why don't you ask the owners for a job as moderator? Otherwise let GS do his job before you end back up on your own defunct site.:lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Ignored nothing.

I believe it was the OP (you) that said:
"Accusation against Buckeye Firearms
I don't know if the accusation is true or not."

Well neither do I. Since the "attack" was hardly direct and blatent, I see no reason to stifle conversation that might shed some light on the issue.

"....some gun rights groups are more equal than others." ?
I have objectively considered that "some gun rights organizations" are more effective than others - there is room for all of us to improve though, so that shouldn't be taken as a demeaning comment.

Referencing your last line: You substitute personal opinion for facts.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

GS I do not always agree with you, but most of the time, and I respect your job. Even when I disagree.

But honestly you have the patience of Job. Most sites attacks on the moderator are met with suspension or ban hammer. Your patience is a credit to this site.

solus

Were you not attacking a gun rights organization? I guess you think you are more equal than others?

Why don't you ask the owners for a job as moderator? Otherwise let GS do his job before you end back up on your own defunct site.:lol:

you forget WW he was editor - in - cheif of his very own forum... (http://civility.eye95.org/index/)

that worked out well, Huh!

and Grapeshot does have Job's patience...better man than I

ipse

Last edited:

eye95

Ignored nothing.

I believe it was the OP (you) that said:
"Accusation against Buckeye Firearms
I don't know if the accusation is true or not."

Well neither do I. Since the "attack" was hardly direct and blatent, I see no reason to stifle conversation that might shed some light on the issue.

"....some gun rights groups are more equal than others." ?
I have objectively considered that "some gun rights organizations" are more effective than others - there is room for all of us to improve though, so that shouldn't be taken as a demeaning comment.

Referencing your last line: You substitute personal opinion for facts.

BFA: Please note that OCDO allows unsubstantiated accusations against your organization to be posted without consequence. Shame on them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
BFA: Please note that OCDO allows unsubstantiated accusations against your organization to be posted without consequence. Shame on them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>
Shame on you for distorting/perverting the truth.

Free and open discourse about another gun rights org, asking questions, is not in and of itself "accusations." Any serious claim regarding a stance against OC would require documentation and yes there are consequences for making false claims.

Congratulations, you actually just insulted, attacked, and leveled a false charge against OCDO.

You created this thread, raised the question, and then complain when it is discussed. Either you didn't know what you were doing or you did. If the latter, then it would appear that you take on the role of a provocateur.

Under the circumstances at hand, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.