• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Inside Man - Guna CNN

Primus

I think he's saying few people are killed over prohibited guns. Certainly many more people are killed over gangster silliness and drugs than guns. In 2000, I watched a documentary that said the street price in LA for a full auto AK was $300. A legal one is many thousands of $

Correct that's partially what I was saying.

What I was saying is that ban doesn't equal violence. There are many many things that are banned that don't have a violent following with it. You needs to have a vast demand then a restriction for violence to flourish as well as many other socioeconomic aspects. While drugs are banned everywhere there are certain types that flourish in certain areas and that are linked to more violence then others.

Again just saying that ban doesn't equal automatic violence. The violence isn't derived from the ban. It may be a contributing factor but not the sole factor .

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

sudden valley gunner

I think he's saying few people are killed over prohibited guns. Certainly many more people are killed over gangster silliness and drugs than guns. In 2000, I watched a documentary that said the street price in LA for a full auto AK was $300. A legal one is many thousands of $

I agree. But his point that the ban wasn't a major contributing factor to the killings is silly. Him correlation of it to firearms is a misdirection.

The reason more people are not killed in this country over guns in my opinion is that most people are not desiring full autos and when they want them they can actually get them fairly inexpensive compared to the legal market.

When it comes to illegal drugs, there is a huge demand for that, the unconstitutional prohibition, by the feds feeds the economic rule of supply and demand, so huge amounts of money are on the line for items that cost pennies to produce.

The violent response of the state to those who are involved in the free market, uh I mean black market, suppressed by the state ups the ante tremendously.

The reality of the most deaths, contrary to his allusion, in the prohibition is criminals killing criminals not people invading homes to steal for their addiction.

Primus

I agree. But his point that the ban wasn't a major contributing factor to the killings is silly. Him correlation of it to firearms is a misdirection.

The reason more people are not killed in this country over guns in my opinion is that most people are not desiring full autos and when they want them they can actually get them fairly inexpensive compared to the legal market.

When it comes to illegal drugs, there is a huge demand for that, the unconstitutional prohibition, by the feds feeds the economic rule of supply and demand, so huge amounts of money are on the line for items that cost pennies to produce.

The violent response of the state to those who are involved in the free market, uh I mean black market, suppressed by the state ups the ante tremendously.

The reality of the most deaths, contrary to his allusion, in the prohibition is criminals killing criminals not people invading homes to steal for their addiction.

So your a criminal apologist I guess.

"Its not the things fault for robbing that convenience store or shooting some kid its the governments fault for making the drugs he sells illegal".

From what I can tell your not a dumb guy. So you must just hate the .gov so much it makes u say things like that.

sudden valley gunner

So your a criminal apologist I guess.

"Its not the things fault for robbing that convenience store or shooting some kid its the governments fault for making the drugs he sells illegal".

From what I can tell your not a dumb guy. So you must just hate the .gov so much it makes u say things like that.

What tripe! Dishonest twisting of what was said.

Your failure to approach the root cause of many of the problems is your failure alone.

I don't apologize for "criminals", I realistically realize that folks like you are making criminals out of people. Your unconstitutional war on people disguised at a "drug war" (there can be no such thing since drugs are inanimate objects) is a major root of crime.

Your insinuations that I would approve of theft because I don't approve of your war, is a ridiculous assumption, a logic fail, and more asshatery.