• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Traveling Through

bigt8261

Hello, I'm an OCer from Michigan, and I will be traveling through Ohio in January on my way to North Carolina. It's still a few weeks out, but I figure I should start looking up what laws I will need to follow on my way down.

I'm looking for:
Summary of laws with citations
Dos and Don'ts of OC
Dos and Don'ts of CC
Any other good information you think I may need.

I have a Michigan CPL (Concealed Pistol License)

Thanks.

bigt8261

Now was that because I'm from Michigan and you're from Ohio, or is this just a general attitude of Ohioans?

Thanks for the ... information. In my previous travels, I've found information from people here to be more up-to-date and reliable than most web sites. Even state run ones.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Now was that because I'm from Michigan and you're from Ohio, or is this just a general attitude of Ohioans?

Thanks for the ... information. In my previous travels, I've found information from people here to be more up-to-date and reliable than most web sites. Even state run ones.
Gee, you come here and elsewhere and request a laundry list of information, not indicating that you've previously done ANY work on your own (you: "...I should start looking up what laws I will need to follow..."), and are surprised to get a response like mine.

Really???

I've already wasted more time on you and your "request" than I should have.

Moving on permanently...

bigt8261

Forgive me for being trite as I did not anticipate being scrutinized in the same manner as an anti. Your sub forum does not have a reference sticky.

A simple, 'hello friend, I suggest this link as it appears to be accurate and up-to-date' would have sufficed.

I've already printed a number of items from BFA, but what I'm looking for is some sort of endorsement per se. If the people in this sub forum feel BFA is the best place to go for reference, then I believe I am all set.

Thank you. Carry on.

ShootinRugers

If I'm just going to drive through a state I review handgunlaw.us

Like Michigan, Ohio is a must notify state. When I open carry I just go about my business if I see a sign I spend my money else where. If asked to leave, leave.

MyWifeSaidYes

Yeah. I would suggest OFCC as well but BB62 uses that forum, also.

OCDO used to be where I would have sent you.

I have no idea why BB62 responded as he did. I think simply not responding if he didn't want to respond would have been more tactful. I shall have to ask him when next we have lunch. I still owe him $18.

Having said that, what you asked HAS been asked over and over and over.

bigt8261

The same happens in the Michigan sub forum and in the Michigan Open Carry forums. We have stickies that we normally point people to.

Thanks for the links and information.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Hello, I'm an OCer from Michigan, and I will be traveling through Ohio in January on my way to North Carolina. It's still a few weeks out, but I figure I should start looking up what laws I will need to follow on my way down.

I'm looking for:
Summary of laws with citations
Dos and Don'ts of OC
Dos and Don'ts of CC
Any other good information you think I may need.

I have a Michigan CPL (Concealed Pistol License)

Thanks.
I understand BB62's response.

Instead of saying "I should start looking..." and then state: "I'm looking for:" - in effect requesting a plethora of information - you should have said: I visited ABC and XYZ gun sites and this is what I found. Is there anything else I need to know?

If you had said that I believe BB62 would have responded with a helpful answer.

I believe BB62 perceived that you thought OCDO is your personal research source.