• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama can unilaterally launch nuclear missiles

77zach

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/...an_unsung_hero_of_the_nuclear_age.single.html

Any President can. My religion informs my politics and I come to the conclusion that all powerful explosives are inherently immoral to use. That was the discussion of another thread where individualists clashed with collectivists, which is not the point of this thread. It's funny, the government and many clueless Amerikans don't want us to have handheld firearms. Yet, it's ok for one man (and a very evil one at that) to theoretically decide the fate of the world. The insanity is beyond comprehension or words.

DrakeZ07

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/...an_unsung_hero_of_the_nuclear_age.single.html

Any President can. My religion informs my politics and I come to the conclusion that all powerful explosives are inherently immoral to use. That was the discussion of another thread where individualists clashed with collectivists, which is not the point of this thread. It's funny, the government and many clueless Amerikans don't want us to have handheld firearms. Yet, it's ok for one man (and a very evil one at that) to theoretically decide the fate of the world. The insanity is beyond comprehension or words.

Where was you, and your ilk, when Bush Jr, Bush Daddy, Reagan, Ford, Nixon, and all the celebrated 'conservatives', had the very same full control of the Nuclear arsenal? Oh, right, I forgot that an 'R' by a presidents name automatically makes them inherently good people, who can wield the authority and power of nukes effectively and competently.

davidmcbeth

Banned
president can't launch any missiles .. guys in silos do this ... and they could have done this anytime for many years ...

stealthyeliminator

Where was you, and your ilk, when Bush Jr, Bush Daddy, Reagan, Ford, Nixon, and all the celebrated 'conservatives', had the very same full control of the Nuclear arsenal? Oh, right, I forgot that an 'R' by a presidents name automatically makes them inherently good people, who can wield the authority and power of nukes effectively and competently.

Any President can. ...

:facepalm:

You missed the point by a significant margin, and completely ignored the fact that he clearly recognized the fact that other presidents wielded the same power.

Take your "let's make everything R vs. D and I'm gay so bash R" ******** somewhere else, this thread has nothing to do with any of that nonsense.

Last edited:

77zach

Being stupid isn't a choice, not reading the OP or the article is.

77zach

president can't launch any missiles .. guys in silos do this ... and they could have done this anytime for many years ...

Yeah, that's what the article is about. A silo guy asked a question, got fired because it suggested he may not obey without question. Also, a former guy in charge of 200 silo's said he figured out a way to launch them all by himself. He quit in horror.