• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I think we need to reconsider 'cruel and unusual punishment'.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Actually, empirically speaking, death is a 50/50 proposition. Over half the people who have ever lived on the face of the Earth are alive today and have never died. Therefore, since only about half the people who have ever lived have died, we can conclude from this sample, that there is a 50/50 chance that you will never die.
As Mr Spock was wont to say, "That is illogical."

• Estimate on number of people that have ever lived as of 2011: 107 billion
  • Estimate on number of people alive as of 2011: 7 billion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population#Number_of_humans_who_have_ever_lived

That computes to just over 6.54% by my math - that's a loong way from 50%, we think.

Mr Birdman

45 Fan

I think the firing squad would be perfect. Utah did it within the last decade...we give someone 3 choices, shot, hung or electrocuted. Makes life simple!!