Thread: badges for cc/oc

badges for cc/oc

seen somewhere that there are guys out there that carry badges while the cc/oc. i can see where this could lead into trouble (impersonating a leo) but was wondering you folks point of view on it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Search the forum formultiple threads expressing universal mind set against such.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by lucas340 View Post
    seen somewhere that there are guys out there that carry badges while the cc/oc. i can see where this could lead into trouble (impersonating a leo) but was wondering you folks point of view on it.
    CCW Badges are a great way to filter out people without needing to get to know them!

The badge itself isn't going to cause any true problem with "impersonating," but the type of mindset that would buy/use one is probably that of a person who is going to take other actions, or say other things, to get themself in that sort of trouble.

It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

It is interesting that a badge is an acceptable 'filter' but body-modification/appearance is not, and that mind-set is a tolerated bigoted prejudice.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amaixner View Post
    CCW Badges are a great way to filter out people without needing to get to know them!

The badge itself isn't going to cause any true problem with "impersonating," but the type of mindset that would buy/use one is probably that of a person who is going to take other actions, or say other things, to get themself in that sort of trouble.
    A quote comes to mind: We don't need no steekin' badges."

One of the last things that I would wish to do is cause anyone to think that I might be a LEO - that is not intended to be a negative reflection on them.

To that regard, the only message I wish to deliver is that I am a legal, honest person exercising my right and responsiblity to provide for the safety of myself and mine.

BTW - carrying such a badge can and has caused problems for others. I have no need to tilt with windmills, so I'll pass.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

badges rock! wear some of these!