• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

badges for cc/oc

lucas340

seen somewhere that there are guys out there that carry badges while the cc/oc. i can see where this could lead into trouble (impersonating a leo) but was wondering you folks point of view on it.:)

amaixner

seen somewhere that there are guys out there that carry badges while the cc/oc. i can see where this could lead into trouble (impersonating a leo) but was wondering you folks point of view on it.:)

CCW Badges are a great way to filter out people without needing to get to know them!

The badge itself isn't going to cause any true problem with "impersonating," but the type of mindset that would buy/use one is probably that of a person who is going to take other actions, or say other things, to get themself in that sort of trouble.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
CCW Badges are a great way to filter out people without needing to get to know them!

The badge itself isn't going to cause any true problem with "impersonating," but the type of mindset that would buy/use one is probably that of a person who is going to take other actions, or say other things, to get themself in that sort of trouble.
A quote comes to mind: We don't need no steekin' badges."

One of the last things that I would wish to do is cause anyone to think that I might be a LEO - that is not intended to be a negative reflection on them.

To that regard, the only message I wish to deliver is that I am a legal, honest person exercising my right and responsiblity to provide for the safety of myself and mine.

BTW - carrying such a badge can and has caused problems for others. I have no need to tilt with windmills, so I'll pass.

cjohnson44546

badges rock! wear some of these!
hn-sheriff-badge-pink-1-lrg.jpg

199877-7-respect-my-authoriti-by-chris-harry.jpg

internet-police-badge.jpg

f3ba_star_trek_tng_communicator_badge.jpg