Thread: OC with an empty holster?

OC with an empty holster?

After reading all the latest changes over the last decade+ in the laws in Cali since I left in '95, it looks like this might be the only way to make a statement.

Or is it?

I don't post this to troll, just as an honest question. I was born and raised in Cali and had many of my firearms taken away from me for minor infractions for the way that PC12025 and 12031 was written way back then. This led me to disown my native state and move to AZ.

So I guess pending any lawsuits, maybe the only way we could carry in Cali is with an empty holster; the firearm (if any) contained unloaded in a separate locked case and ammo twice removed.

After all I am:
    Last edited by teddyearp; 12-30-2013 at 09:23 PM.

An empty holster is a legal and appropriate 1st amendment demonstration.

L.U.C.C. (or locked case transport) is also legal in most circumstances.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

There was a case in Illinois years ago of a student arrested for wearing a empty holster on campus. I have no idea what happened to the case, I can't even remember what they charged him with.

What are the laws on OCing a large knife in CA? Places that I cannot carry a handgun in NC I carry a large bowie OC. IMO a large bowie is a more effective deterrent than an empty holster, and it still gets the point across.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    There was a case in Illinois years ago of a student arrested for wearing a empty holster on campus. I have no idea what happened to the case, I can't even remember what they charged him with.

What are the laws on OCing a large knife in CA? Places that I cannot carry a handgun in NC I carry a large bowie OC. IMO a large bowie is a more effective deterrent than an empty holster, and it still gets the point across.
    A fixed blade knife must be carried openly in California. There might be restrictions on length in various municipalities. I was thinking a large khukri myself, but to each their own.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    A fixed blade knife must be carried openly in California. There might be restrictions on length in various municipalities. I was thinking a large khukri myself, but to each their own.
    I have OC'd with a khurkri myself, but I prefer my bowies. I usually use the khurkri in the brush.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    An empty holster is a legal and appropriate 1st amendment demonstration.

L.U.C.C. (or locked case transport) is also legal in most circumstances.
    That's kind of what I meant, an empty holster as a statement. But is L.U.C.C. still OK in the CSSR? After all, some of the other 'exemptions' have been overrun. I.E., I cannot even carry in my campsite from what I've been reading here. Reading about folks' camp trailers and RV's being considered a 'public place' and such concerns me.