• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Semantics, quit crying about people using them. The practice of law too.

sudden valley gunner

I have seen how judges and prosecutors treat those who they deem not their peers when they are pro se.

I find it amusing that our servants view us as below them.

solus

On the last day of the year, we have a new candidate for Post of the Year! Brought to you by Webster's Dictionary, where "semantics" is not just another word.

geeez, I thought you were the front runner and overall winner of this coveted title...

moving on...

ipse

Freedom1Man

Might "such a license" be a bar card documenting ones admission/permission to address the court as peer? Either we are equal or we are not.

A private organization cannot issue official government licenses.

The judicial branch cannot issue licenses either as that would be a violation of the separation of powers.

So, no a membership in the bar association is no different than a membership in the NRA, the Sierra Club, the Boy Scouts, etc.

EDIT:

Reminder, The practice of Law CAN NOT be licensed by any state/State. ( Schware v. Board of Examiners, 353 U.S. 238, 239 )

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

Here is a great example of why we need to check the punctuation in law.

An English professor wrote the words, “Woman without her man is nothing” on the blackboard and directed his students to punctuate it correctly.

The men wrote: “Woman, without her man, is nothing.”

The women wrote: “Woman: Without her, man is nothing.”

So, yes the little things in the law do have meaning.

DrakeZ07

An English professor wrote the words, “Woman without her man is nothing” on the blackboard and directed his students to punctuate it correctly.

Got a cite to this? I'd like to read it.

davidmcbeth

Banned

I did not know that there was going to be a quiz. But yes, every word in a statue has meaning as well as punctuation.

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

I did not know that there was going to be a quiz. But yes, every word in a statue has meaning as well as punctuation.

I assume you would need to understand the language to discern whether the sculptor used correct punctuation as well as proper spelling, but I agree.

Freedom1Man

No quiz, this thread stems from some people not looking at how the words are being used in the laws.

This was to help illustrate the point that people are not thinking about what is really being said and what they are reading in the laws too often.