Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Another Starbucks thread, nothing to do with guns.....amusing.

  1. #1
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Another Starbucks thread, nothing to do with guns.....amusing.

    Owner of Brewery sent a stop and desist letter for calling one batch of beer frappicino.

    FUQ...
    http://www.ksdk.com/story/life/2013/12/27/exit-6-letter-to-starbucks/4219131/
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  2. #2
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    GREAT LAUGH!~!!!

    I am in tears while writing this.

    I do see the seriously Phracked side of this though too.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  3. #3
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    How far up one's ass must you shove the stick before a cease and desist letter is a "respectful request?"

    Wow. lol. Whatever, trademark away.
    Advocate freedom please

  4. #4
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    I loved the fact the owner sends 6 bucks as a damage to Starbucks...lol....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  5. #5
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,278
    Kinda reminds me of the days when HD was suing anybody and everybody who used Hog in the name of their business...
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    When you let intellectual imaginary property laws (and lawyers) run loose, even the seemingly legitimate function of name/identity preservation becomes tainted by association.
    Last edited by marshaul; 12-31-2013 at 04:03 PM.

  7. #7
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    So, the small NON-coffee establishment had a beer called "frappicino" (pronounced with an "ih" sound as in "it") and the much larger NON-Alcohol establishment had a beverage called "frappucino" (with an "ah" sound as in "awe". I see and hear the difference. What is the problem!

    I could suggest that EVERY establishment producing ANY product whatsoever name at least one of their products "frappicino".
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  8. #8
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    I suddenly have an urge to open a bar called Stahrbux, specializing in coffee liqueurs
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Leesburg VA
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I suddenly have an urge to open a bar called Stahrbux, specializing in coffee liqueurs

    Great idea! Be sure to put one on every damn street corner.

  10. #10
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    When you let intellectual imaginary property laws (and lawyers) run loose, even the seemingly legitimate function of name/identity preservation becomes tainted by association.
    +1 IP laws cost lives in my opinion, and it costs society in keeping a better standard of living out of the reach for the poorer in society for a lot longer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I suddenly have an urge to open a bar called Stahrbux, specializing in coffee liqueurs
    Haahaha I love it!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  11. #11
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I suddenly have an urge to open a bar called Stahrbux, specializing in coffee liqueurs
    I like Starbug's brewery.... I could offer a Dwarf Red Ale.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    127
    Starbucks has again, shown how stupid it can be...

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Urban Skeet City, Alabama
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I suddenly have an urge to open a bar called Stahrbux, specializing in coffee liqueurs
    Steyrbux? C&Ds from two companies at once?
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

  14. #14
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Drinks can be ordered in grains instead of ounces.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    No, Steyrbux are coupons for discounts on firearms.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •