Thread: Visiting Dover

Visiting Dover

Hi all! I live in VA but plan to travel to Dover Downs to participate in the Studebaker Drivers Club meet this June/July. I will be staying at Hampton Inn near Dover Downs. My travel will be across the bay bridge 50/301 to 302 to 440/8 into Dover. Because I will be traveling through MD I will have my sidearm unloaded and locked in a compartment not accessible to driver or passengers. This weekend I will be taking a Utah Concealed carry course and plan to have the Utah license by the time I travel. My understanding is that DE honors the UT license. From what I have read is that OCing is not a very good idea so I plan to CC while in DE.

Is there any precautions I should know about?

Am I crazy to bring my sidearm?
    Last edited by JohnM15A; 01-14-2014 at 11:56 AM.
    "Just because I'm paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me"
    NRA Lifetime Member

HELLO, HELLO, Hello, hello.... <crickets>
    NRA Lifetime Member

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM15A View Post
    HELLO, HELLO, Hello, hello.... <crickets>
    We hear ya .. I got nothing though ... maybe others will chime in after watching TV

OC in DE is not an issue. However OC in City of Dover requires written permission from the chief of police. So at least in the city of Dover conceal with your permit otherwise enjoy DE's open carry laws. There are restricted areas like court houses, police stations,state parks, federal buildings. Just read up on restrictions. Signs are not enforceable here but if you are asked to leave and refuse to you can be charged with misdemeanor trespassing, or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Lowman View Post
    OC in DE is not an issue. However OC in City of Dover requires written permission from the chief of police. So at least in the city of Dover conceal with your permit otherwise enjoy DE's open carry laws. There are restricted areas like court houses, police stations,state parks, federal buildings. Just read up on restrictions. Signs are not enforceable here but if you are asked to leave and refuse to you can be charged with misdemeanor trespassing, or something like that.
    Thanks Jay! Maybe some DE OCers would like to meetup and have some lunch or dinner that week?
    NRA Lifetime Member

You're welcome. Sounds cool if I'm free I'd be interested. Check in on deloc.org and post your date and time there. I'm sure others may be interested as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zcvb

This weekend I will be taking a Utah Concealed carry course and plan to have the Utah license by the time I travel. My understanding is that DE honors the UT

_____
    shafiq