Thread: Libary carry?

Libary carry?

This is more curiosity than anything but has anyone had any experience good or bad while carrying in your local libraries? This past summer local news (king 5 or Kiro 7) pushed the issue when there was not one to begin with over it being legal to carry in a public library. I understand the law I am just curious if anyone has done it in the last few months. I go to the library in Poulsbo a few times a month and while not on purpose I have not yet open carried into the building. I am just curious what I might expect
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I OC'd in Bellingham's public library with no issues. The librarian even helped me do some research in the law section, and was pleasant and polite (and cute).
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I OC'd in Bellingham's public library with no issues. The librarian even helped me do some research in the law section, and was pleasant and polite (and cute).
    I, too, have OC'd at the B'ham library........no worries here.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

"The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

The librarian even helped me do some research in the law section, and was pleasant and polite (and cute).

"I remember when the librarian was a much older woman: Kindly, discreet, unattractive. We didn't know anything about her private life. We didn't want to know anything about her private life. She didn't have a private life. While you're thinking about that, think about this: The library closes at five o'clock, no exceptions. This is your final warning. Got that, kewpie-doll?"

Not recent, but both my wife and I have OCed in the public libraries in Kitsap County, with no issues. Visits to the Poulsbo branch included discussions with the head librarian during a few discussion groups hosted at the branch.
    Last edited by Vitaeus; 01-01-2014 at 02:42 AM. Reason: typo's

Quote Originally Posted by Vitaeus View Post
    Not recent, but both my wife and I have OCed in the public libraries in Kitsap County, with no issues. Visits to the Poulsbo branch included discussions with the head librarian during a few discussion groups hosted at the branch.
    Good to know thanks
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

I've open carried at Everett Library and Lake Stevens Library. Both trips were fairly short. I got someone's attention in the cafe at the Everett Library and he stared me down as I walked past him. But in the library everyone is focused on either reading or finding a book to read. They don't generally look up, so there's little chance of anyone even noticing that you're carrying.

I've had no problems in either the library in Everett nor one in Federal Way.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

I've OCed at the Lynnwood and king county Bothell libraries, no problems.