• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Libary carry?

fire suppressor

This is more curiosity than anything but has anyone had any experience good or bad while carrying in your local libraries? This past summer local news (king 5 or Kiro 7) pushed the issue when there was not one to begin with over it being legal to carry in a public library. I understand the law I am just curious if anyone has done it in the last few months. I go to the library in Poulsbo a few times a month and while not on purpose I have not yet open carried into the building. I am just curious what I might expect

sudden valley gunner

I OC'd in Bellingham's public library with no issues. The librarian even helped me do some research in the law section, and was pleasant and polite (and cute).

deanf

The librarian even helped me do some research in the law section, and was pleasant and polite (and cute).

"I remember when the librarian was a much older woman: Kindly, discreet, unattractive. We didn't know anything about her private life. We didn't want to know anything about her private life. She didn't have a private life. While you're thinking about that, think about this: The library closes at five o'clock, no exceptions. This is your final warning. Got that, kewpie-doll?"

Vitaeus

Not recent, but both my wife and I have OCed in the public libraries in Kitsap County, with no issues. Visits to the Poulsbo branch included discussions with the head librarian during a few discussion groups hosted at the branch.

Last edited:

jfslicer

I've open carried at Everett Library and Lake Stevens Library. Both trips were fairly short. I got someone's attention in the cafe at the Everett Library and he stared me down as I walked past him. But in the library everyone is focused on either reading or finding a book to read. They don't generally look up, so there's little chance of anyone even noticing that you're carrying.