Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another case of no-touch brandishing

Another case of no-touch brandishing

This one just happened, but I would be hard-pressed to imagine a conviction is not forthcoming.

They always say criminals are stupid, but wow, this one takes the cake.

TFred

“Yo, Y’all Hiring” ? Thug Pulls Gun To Get McDonald’s Job

Snips:

A motivated Tevin Kievelle Monroe strolled into a Norfolk (Virginia) McDonald’s restaurant and asked the manager for a job application. The manager informed him (twice) that the application process was handled online.

He was so determined that he lifted his shirt and revealed to the manager an item that was tucked in his waistband. And no, it wasn’t a resume…it was a gun. Upon seeing the gun, the quick-thinking manager asked Monroe to have a seat while she searched for an application.

Monroe was charged with carrying a concealed weapon, brandishing a firearm, and disorderly conduct.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    This one just happened, but I would be hard-pressed to imagine a conviction is not forthcoming.

They always say criminals are stupid, but wow, this one takes the cake.

TFred

“Yo, Y’all Hiring” ? Thug Pulls Gun To Get McDonald’s Job

Snips:

A motivated Tevin Kievelle Monroe strolled into a Norfolk (Virginia) McDonald’s restaurant and asked the manager for a job application. The manager informed him (twice) that the application process was handled online.

He was so determined that he lifted his shirt and revealed to the manager an item that was tucked in his waistband. And no, it wasn’t a resume…it was a gun. Upon seeing the gun, the quick-thinking manager asked Monroe to have a seat while she searched for an application.

Monroe was charged with carrying a concealed weapon, brandishing a firearm, and disorderly conduct.
    Assuming that's what really happened....He deserves the twit of the year award.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Some people are so stupid.

If he had OC'd in a holster on his hip and not made reference or gesture towards it, no one would likely have "super-sized" their response to it.

Someone out there offers a "holster" of fries. I disremember who that is.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

That's some really special flavor of stupid right there.
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    Front Sight Distinguished Graduate, Handgun, Glock 35 and Glock 23
    FFL Type 7, Class 2 SOT (Licensed NFA Firearms Manufacturer)
    If you CCW, consider the benefits of joining CCWSafe.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Roy Rogers.

Originally Posted by Grapeshot

Quote Originally Posted by blahpony View Post
    Roy Rogers.
    Thanks for jogging my memory - they've been gone locally for some time.

Used to love their bacon cheeseburger w/BBQ sauce and they never said a word about my holstered accoutrement.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by blahpony View Post
    Roy Rogers.
    Watch from 7:31-9:33

Not "the sharpest knife in the drawer"

As I have explained many times when being asked why I OC, the bad guys never let you know they have a gun until it is too late and you are a victim.

OCers are not dumb enough to walk into an establishment showing that they are armed and then commit a crime. They are just customers that understand that the police have no duty or responsibility to protect you, just like "No Guns Allowed" signs.

Used to love their bacon cheeseburger w/BBQ sauce and they never said a word about my holstered accoutrement.
    There's not one, but two in Leesburg.

I've OCed in at least one of them.

I miss their Double R Bar burgers with Horsey Sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    I miss their Double R Bar burgers with Horsey Sauce.
    Never understood their closing in the Richmond market - their business always seemed brisk. Considered the burgers extremely good.

Would be interesting if someone picked up the franchise and encouraged at least the mgt. personnel to OC the real McCoy - I'd support that and even wear my SSA rig more often

What is going on with people lately ? Can Stupidity of this level really be taught?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

You want your memory jogged? Remember the greeting when placing your order?

Howdy Pard-ner! Can we helwp yaaaa???!!!???

Really cheesy, but great food -- plus the fixn' bar!

Never understood their closing in the Richmond market - their business always seemed brisk. Considered the burgers extremely good.

Would be interesting if someone picked up the franchise and encouraged at least the mgt. personnel to OC the real McCoy - I'd support that and even wear my SSA rig more often
    I remember reading about the resurrection in the WaPo -- here are the current owners:

Here’s How It All Started
    Here’s How It All Started:
    The vision for Roy Rogers restaurants came from our father while he was an executive with Marriott Corporation. His original concept was a simple one. Offer people a choice of the things they like most: hamburgers, roast beef sandwiches and fried chicken. He called them the “Big Three.”

Before the restaurant even had a name Dad knew he wanted to create a wholesome, clean, all-American environment that catered to the tastes and echoed the values of hard working Americans. That’s when the idea hit him to team with America’s favorite cowboy, Roy Rogers.

Roy embodied the honest, wholesome image desired for the brand. His genuine western appreciation for quality roast beef and “down home cooking” provided an authenticity that customers could relate to. Today Roy’s Promise remains the cornerstone of our brand.

Family Values. Family Business.
    Our Dad believed so strongly in the original Roy Rogers brand that he left Marriott to become a Roy Rogers franchisee and eventually purchased the chain himself.

Over the past two decades, we have helped him open and operate multiple Roy Rogers restaurants, maintaining his vision for offering guests an experience above and beyond that of most fast food restaurants.

Knowing that the best way to keep Roy Rogers true to its original vision was to keep it in the family, Dad sold us the business in 1998. Today, the Plamondon Companies remains faithful to the Roy Rogers tradition of serving an appealing choice of menu items, made with the best ingredients, and served in a comfortable, enjoyable setting. That commitment has resulted in steady growth for our company and a fiercely loyal following in the Baltimore/Washington region.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post

Thanks haven't seen that show since I was little lad. Still funny.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post

Peter, where did you find this? Copyright 1953, BTW. I remember watching these shows on TV as a kid.

Did anyone else notice that Kingfish's lawyer sounded a lot like Al Sharpton?

And why did the Kingfish not get charged and convicted of illegal possession of a firearm under the Sullivan Act? It was copyrighted (er passed) in 1911.

So many questions.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Banned
    I would have hired him on the spot .... and for his first job, take an order over to the police station

Omg thank you thank you thank you! Lol blogged it and sent it on to a few other freepers.

I'd like to know more about that. Was there anything said or done to communicate a threat in conjunction with the display? Did the applicant have a CHP?
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Quote Originally Posted by 2a4all View Post

Did anyone else notice that Kingfish's lawyer sounded a lot like Al Sharpton?

Wouldn't that be that Al sounds a lot like Lawyer Calhoun? Thinks like him too, doeesn't he?

If memory serves me, Lawyer Calhoun served as the role model for a certain prosecutor. Played in a band, too, iirc.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Question if I might.

What was the outcome of the member who was charged with brandishing while in his vehicle and seen moving his gun by a school bus driver. Sorry I don't know more details but I am curious as to where this happened and how it played out for him.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    Question if I might.

What was the outcome of the member who was charged with brandishing while in his vehicle and seen moving his gun by a school bus driver. Sorry I don't know more details but I am curious as to where this happened and how it played out for him.
    SB, unfortunately he was convicted in GD Court where the judge refused to look or listen to the evidence.
    It was appealed to Circuit and a Jury where the Bus Deivers story change but he was still convicted. The sentance was lowered, to no jail time and I think a fifteen hundred dollar fine.

The last I heard it was pending before the Court of Appeals.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    The guy was really really really dumb.

But I can't help but think why? He was looking for a job, so he wanted to do what was right? Was he raised in a neighborhood or in a social group where that is how you do business? I wonder if he doesn't even understand what he did was wrong?

Not condoning his actions at all but sometimes I just wonder what the whole background picture is.

On another note, I may be wrong in this, I assuming he probably didn't have a concealed permit.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    The guy was really really really dumb.

But I can't help but think why? He was looking for a job, so he wanted to do what was right? Was he raised in a neighborhood or in a social group where that is how you do business? I wonder if he doesn't even understand what he did was wrong?

Not condoning his actions at all but sometimes I just wonder what the whole background picture is.

On another note, I may be wrong in this, I assuming he probably didn't have a concealed permit.

• Trading Places

(1983)

• 00:17:03 People like this are a menace to decent society.
      • 00:17:06 You're from a broken home of course?
      • 00:17:08 Yeah, we was broke. So what?
      • 00:17:10 You have a history of juvenile arrests, I presume?
      • 00:17:13 Drug abuse, reform school, state prisons and all that-

Knowing the neighborhood, maybe he was applying for a security position.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast