• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another case of no-touch brandishing

TFred

This one just happened, but I would be hard-pressed to imagine a conviction is not forthcoming.

They always say criminals are stupid, but wow, this one takes the cake.

TFred

“Yo, Y’all Hiring” ? Thug Pulls Gun To Get McDonald’s Job

Snips:

A motivated Tevin Kievelle Monroe strolled into a Norfolk (Virginia) McDonald’s restaurant and asked the manager for a job application. The manager informed him (twice) that the application process was handled online.

He was so determined that he lifted his shirt and revealed to the manager an item that was tucked in his waistband. And no, it wasn’t a resume…it was a gun. Upon seeing the gun, the quick-thinking manager asked Monroe to have a seat while she searched for an application.

Monroe was charged with carrying a concealed weapon, brandishing a firearm, and disorderly conduct.​

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
This one just happened, but I would be hard-pressed to imagine a conviction is not forthcoming.

They always say criminals are stupid, but wow, this one takes the cake.

TFred

“Yo, Y’all Hiring” ? Thug Pulls Gun To Get McDonald’s Job

Snips:

A motivated Tevin Kievelle Monroe strolled into a Norfolk (Virginia) McDonald’s restaurant and asked the manager for a job application. The manager informed him (twice) that the application process was handled online.

He was so determined that he lifted his shirt and revealed to the manager an item that was tucked in his waistband. And no, it wasn’t a resume…it was a gun. Upon seeing the gun, the quick-thinking manager asked Monroe to have a seat while she searched for an application.

Monroe was charged with carrying a concealed weapon, brandishing a firearm, and disorderly conduct.​

Assuming that's what really happened....He deserves the twit of the year award.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Some people are so stupid.

If he had OC'd in a holster on his hip and not made reference or gesture towards it, no one would likely have "super-sized" their response to it.

Someone out there offers a "holster" of fries. I disremember who that is.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot

Someone out there offers a "holster" of fries. I disremember who that is.
Roy Rogers.
Thanks for jogging my memory - they've been gone locally for some time.

Used to love their bacon cheeseburger w/BBQ sauce and they never said a word about my holstered accoutrement.

va_tazdad

Not "the sharpest knife in the drawer"

As I have explained many times when being asked why I OC, the bad guys never let you know they have a gun until it is too late and you are a victim.

OCers are not dumb enough to walk into an establishment showing that they are armed and then commit a crime. They are just customers that understand that the police have no duty or responsibility to protect you, just like "No Guns Allowed" signs.

blahpony

Used to love their bacon cheeseburger w/BBQ sauce and they never said a word about my holstered accoutrement.

There's not one, but two in Leesburg. :D

I've OCed in at least one of them.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I miss their Double R Bar burgers with Horsey Sauce.
Never understood their closing in the Richmond market - their business always seemed brisk. Considered the burgers extremely good.

Would be interesting if someone picked up the franchise and encouraged at least the mgt. personnel to OC the real McCoy - I'd support that and even wear my SSA rig more often :)

mpguy

What is going on with people lately ? Can Stupidity of this level really be taught?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Repeater

You want your memory jogged? Remember the greeting when placing your order?

[size=+3]Howdy Pard-ner! Can we helwp yaaaa???!!!???[/size]

Really cheesy, but great food -- plus the fixn' bar! :)

Repeater

Never understood their closing in the Richmond market - their business always seemed brisk. Considered the burgers extremely good.

Would be interesting if someone picked up the franchise and encouraged at least the mgt. personnel to OC the real McCoy - I'd support that and even wear my SSA rig more often :)

I remember reading about the resurrection in the WaPo -- here are the current owners:

Here’s How It All Started
Here’s How It All Started:
The vision for Roy Rogers restaurants came from our father while he was an executive with Marriott Corporation. His original concept was a simple one. Offer people a choice of the things they like most: hamburgers, roast beef sandwiches and fried chicken. He called them the “Big Three.”

Before the restaurant even had a name Dad knew he wanted to create a wholesome, clean, all-American environment that catered to the tastes and echoed the values of hard working Americans. That’s when the idea hit him to team with America’s favorite cowboy, Roy Rogers.

Roy embodied the honest, wholesome image desired for the brand. His genuine western appreciation for quality roast beef and “down home cooking” provided an authenticity that customers could relate to. Today Roy’s Promise remains the cornerstone of our brand.

Family Values. Family Business.
Our Dad believed so strongly in the original Roy Rogers brand that he left Marriott to become a Roy Rogers franchisee and eventually purchased the chain himself.

Over the past two decades, we have helped him open and operate multiple Roy Rogers restaurants, maintaining his vision for offering guests an experience above and beyond that of most fast food restaurants.

Knowing that the best way to keep Roy Rogers true to its original vision was to keep it in the family, Dad sold us the business in 1998. Today, the Plamondon Companies remains faithful to the Roy Rogers tradition of serving an appealing choice of menu items, made with the best ingredients, and served in a comfortable, enjoyable setting. That commitment has resulted in steady growth for our company and a fiercely loyal following in the Baltimore/Washington region.

2a4all

Watch from 7:31-9:33 :uhoh:

[video=youtube;QkY728T5Ks8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkY728T5Ks8[/video]
Peter, where did you find this? Copyright 1953, BTW. I remember watching these shows on TV as a kid.

Did anyone else notice that Kingfish's lawyer sounded a lot like Al Sharpton?

And why did the Kingfish not get charged and convicted of illegal possession of a firearm under the Sullivan Act? It was copyrighted (er passed) in 1911.

So many questions.

wimwag

Omg thank you thank you thank you! Lol blogged it and sent it on to a few other freepers.

user

Accomplished Advocate
I'd like to know more about that. Was there anything said or done to communicate a threat in conjunction with the display? Did the applicant have a CHP?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Did anyone else notice that Kingfish's lawyer sounded a lot like Al Sharpton?

Wouldn't that be that Al sounds a lot like Lawyer Calhoun? Thinks like him too, doeesn't he?

If memory serves me, Lawyer Calhoun served as the role model for a certain prosecutor. Played in a band, too, iirc.

stay safe.