• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cops a-comin? To chk on your rifle that you bought and DPS-3 form sent to DESPP ?

davidmcbeth

Banned
Hear rumors that DESPP may cross-chk against DPS-3 forms with AW registrations and be making visits to people who has a DPS-3 form filed but not an AW form filed.

I don't know if having a DPS-3 form on file but not a AW reg. would be grounds for a search warrant but, for most, cops can still come to your door ...

Recommend every gun owner file notices of trespass to your local law enforcement communities, state, and towns ordering them that their employees are not to enter your property.

In fact all gun owners & citizens should do the same, regardless of their AW situation.

countryclubjoe

Hear rumors that DESPP may cross-chk against DPS-3 forms with AW registrations and be making visits to people who has a DPS-3 form filed but not an AW form filed.

I don't know if having a DPS-3 form on file but not a AW reg. would be grounds for a search warrant but, for most, cops can still come to your door ...

Recommend every gun owner file notices of trespass to your local law enforcement communities, state, and towns ordering them that their employees are not to enter your property.

In fact all gun owners & citizens should do the same, regardless of their AW situation.

Hi Sir

Do you really think getting a NO Trespassing sign or a filed no trespassing notice will really assist you when the Nazi's come with their NO KNOCK WARRANTS to search for your AW's ? Clearly these tyrants could care less...

My .02

Best regards

CCJ

Maverick9

DM, how do you do this (file notices?) Do you put up signage also. Does it give you after-the-fact legal standing should you choose to sue?

Anything like this gives them cause to enter the wrong house, get the paperwork screwed up 'we though he had no DPS-3 form when we entered and killed him, better make that form disappear', oh, we had the address wrong when we killed the elderly couples' dogs.

Also gives justification to 'arm up'. "Oh we need more tactic00l stuff since we're going on no-knock raids against AW owners who haven't filled out their paperwork right we need vests and holy handgrenades and stuff'.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
DM, how do you do this (file notices?) Do you put up signage also. Does it give you after-the-fact legal standing should you choose to sue?

Anything like this gives them cause to enter the wrong house, get the paperwork screwed up 'we though he had no DPS-3 form when we entered and killed him, better make that form disappear', oh, we had the address wrong when we killed the elderly couples' dogs.

Also gives justification to 'arm up'. "Oh we need more tactic00l stuff since we're going on no-knock raids against AW owners who haven't filled out their paperwork right we need vests and holy handgrenades and stuff'.

Just give the notices to the town clerk and the chief of police (this is not required but is a good idea) ... have the clerk stamp your copy as received.

The notice of trespass does more than replace a sign -- it prohibits them from coming on your curtilage as well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtilage Most "no trespassing" signs that people put up will not do the job that people think that they do.

I don't think a court would issue a warrant based on a DPS-3 form ... its not strong evidence that you currently have the gun anymore. But cops don't need a warrant to walk up to your house and ring your doorbell .. your walkway to the door is like an invitation to all. No trespassing signs do little to cut off these "access to door" parts of your property; a notice of trespass does..and include "all employees" in the notice to insure that other non-police do not come onto your land to do the same job.

Of course, this information is relevant to CT ~ different states have different laws.

And a warrant issued by a judge would over-ride the notice of course. So if a cop comes to your door after serving the notice of trespass then he is either a) violating the law by trespassing or b) there under the authority of a court order or warrant.

See a cop on your land after issuing the notice? Dial 911. You need not again notice the trespass.
I normally just demand that the cops to remove themselves from my property ~ it has always occurred. If they would refuse to leave the property then I would crank up the volume.

Last edited:

JustaShooter

Anyone who believes that filing a notice of trespass with their local government and/or PD will either stop the police from entering their property as they deem necessary or give them legal recourse after the fact is living in a fantasy world. But if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside then by all means do so - but don't forget to file notices with your county clerk & Sheriff, State government, and Federal government - wouldn't want to leave them out, now would we? :rolleyes:

OC for ME

One video of a cop being trespassed would be great and may confirm what the OP says is, is true in CT. It is odd that no other CT citizen, that I know of and i don't know them all, has confirmed the OP's contention. Not even the ones who frequent OCDO.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Anyone who believes that filing a notice of trespass with their local government and/or PD will either stop the police from entering their property as they deem necessary or give them legal recourse after the fact is living in a fantasy world. But if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside then by all means do so - but don't forget to file notices with your county clerk & Sheriff, State government, and Federal government - wouldn't want to leave them out, now would we? :rolleyes:

We have sheriffs in CT but its a remnant of older times .. never heard of the sheriff (dept of one lol) actually doing anything.

And with me, it has kept them off my property. They still can cross your property if they are chasing a suspect for example.

My neighbor saw cops chasing or looking for a rabid animal .. they did not enter my property (I was not home) and he asked one of the cops why they were taking such an unusual route to the other side of my property and they told him "we cannot go on his land".

Hardly a fantasy world.

And yes, the notices of trespass have the effect of law in my state. Violate it and they are trespassing. Really think the police chief wants a person at town hall meetings complaining about the town employees committing crimes against their citizens? Almost all cops will respect the notice of trespass. They know what it means.

davidmcbeth

Banned
One video of a cop being trespassed would be great and may confirm what the OP says is, is true in CT. It is odd that no other CT citizen, that I know of and i don't know them all, has confirmed the OP's contention. Not even the ones who frequent OCDO.

I actually did not file the notice in respect to cops on my land .... I filed it because I found an assessor employee peeking in my windows.

So I filed it as "all town employees" ... and it applied to cops and I enforced the notice a few times.

JustaShooter

Again, anyone who believes that filing a notice of trespass with their local government will prevent any government employee from entering that property while on official business or give them legal recourse after the fact is living in a fantasy world. :rolleyes:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Again, anyone who believes that filing a notice of trespass with their local government will prevent any government employee from entering that property while on official business or give them legal recourse after the fact is living in a fantasy world. :rolleyes:

Again, the OP can listen to someone in OH or a person in CT with experience in this state with such notices.

countryclubjoe

Again, the OP can listen to someone in OH or a person in CT with experience in this state with such notices.

David,

What LEA do you contact to report your trespassing claim against trespassers?

Can you post your NO TRESPASS Notice for all to view...

Thank you and best regards.

CCJ

davidmcbeth

Banned
here's one I filed with Stamford . feel free to use . the form really doesn't matter

YOUR NAME )
)
) 18 FEB 12
To: )
City of STAMFORD, CT ) LEGAL NOTICE

NOTICE OF TRESPASS

This Notice of TRESPASS is given to the City or STAMFORD Connecticut (888 Washington Blvd, Gov’t Center Lobby, Stamford, CT 06901):

All or ANY employees of the City of Stamford who enter onto my property, located at:
YOUR ADDRESS
shall be trespassing on the property and be subject to immediate arrest.
Do not enter the property for any reason.
No further warning will be given.

Submitted by:

Your Name
Your Address

davidmcbeth

Banned
^^^ looked like auto-format occurred ... but its good enough as an example I think.

Also, who do you call about the trespass? Why, usually, its going to be the town PD, who is likely having one of its cops trespassing.

They won't arrest him ... but they will call him and tell him to leave.

If the cop is at your door, just tell him you filed a notice of trespass and he is in violation of it...they'll leave (unless they have a warrant). If the cop says or does anything but turn around and leave the premises, I dial 911.

Sometimes the word doesn't get to the individual patrolman but it matters not; he is a trespasser. After the first time, they stay off.

Last edited:

amzbrady

Wow, I couldn't believe the pictures the news posted of all the sheeples lined up to please the Nazi regime. I am so glad I live in American and not Connectthedots.

Conneticut gun owners..jpg