Thread: Setting the Record Straight...

Setting the Record Straight...

Some things are being said that aren't accurate- Instead of addressing them in the posts where they are, I think it best to have its own to shed a little light on the subject.

Calguns.net is a commercial marketplace with a forum that attracts a broad spectrum of ideologies, some of which blame the practice of open carry for it's prohibition. Open carry topics don't usually last long there, not because administrators are anti-open carry, but because they are not long suffering of the contentious arguments that are spawned by naysayers. and proponents alike. The opinions expressed there belong to individual posters and are not representative of any group- Calguns.net or The Calguns Foundation.

The Calguns Foundation is a non-profit that defends California gun-owners. The false assertion that CGF is expressly anti-open carry that keeps being repeated is unfounded. If their organization were opposed to open carry, they certainly wouldn't have provided their limited funds and resources for the defense of open carry proponents. Such as defending the Marine who was falsely arrested in Oceanside on Independence Day 2008 (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...3&postcount=66), funding the defense of Sam Wolanyk who was falsely arrested in San Diego (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...98&postcount=1) and assisted in fundraising for Theseus after he was arrested and convicted on PC626.9.

I don't recall 'California Right to Carry' or any other organization associated with Charles Nichols stepping forward at the time to render legal and financial assistance to these people. Interestingly, I find the moments when Mr. Nichols does step forward to be most telling. Like when Mr. Nichols filed documents with the State of California to register South Bay Open Carry as his own organization (http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...harles-Nichols) or when he attacked the fundraising efforts to bring Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire to completion on FaceBook. (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...00&postcount=1) While Calguns and SAF were accused of wasting $200,000, the reality is the Kickstarter involved numerous contributions from individuals in the gun community pitching in $5,$10 and $20 at a time. If you haven't seen the movie, you can always go to deadpatriotfilms.com.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

why you so mad ?

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    LOL...UMAD Bro!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    why you so mad ?
    I don't know diddly squat about Calguns, it's history with open carry, etc. That said, ConditionThree didn't seem mad at all. To me it sounded like he put forth a calm, rational argument about something he's seen happen repeatedly that he takes exception to. Calm, rational arguments rebutting his statements would be the way to argue he's wrong if someone so chooses.
    Last edited by BrianB; 01-05-2014 at 09:38 AM.
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    Front Sight Distinguished Graduate, Handgun, Glock 35 and Glock 23
    FFL Type 7, Class 2 SOT (Licensed NFA Firearms Manufacturer)
    If you CCW, consider the benefits of joining CCWSafe.com.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    I don't know diddly squat about Calguns, it's history with open carry, etc. That said, ConditionThree didn't seem mad at all. To me it sounded like he put forth a calm, rational argument about something he's seen happen repeatedly that he takes exception to. Calm, rational arguments rebutting his statements would be the way to argue he's wrong if someone so chooses.
    Exactly...

Besides, the items C3 brings up aren't refutable, they're hard facts.

MY post was in jest by the way for those who may game.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    MY post was in jest by the way for those who may game.
    True, though unless we know the person that saying is used to troll someone. So, why you trollin bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    True, though unless we know the person that saying is used to troll someone. So, why you trollin bro?

If you play games at all and look at the flow of the conversation I was riffing on Onus's post about someone being mad. Nothing more than that.....

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    If you play games at all and look at the flow of the conversation I was riffing on Onus's post about someone being mad. Nothing more than that.....
    And I figured you would pick up on the "bro" and realize I wasn't being serious. Given that I am a gamer I had no problem with your comments outside of thinking that most people of this forum aren't likely to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    And I figured you would pick up on the "bro" and realize I wasn't being serious. Given that I am a gamer I had no problem with your comments outside of thinking that most people of this forum aren't likely to get it.

My apologies, I should have picked up on that!