Thread: Do pistol grips make SA rifles more dangerous, ...? Eugene Volokh says no.

Do pistol grips make SA rifles more dangerous, ...? Eugene Volokh says no.

Do Pistol Grips Make Semi-Automatic Rifles More Dangerous, Because They “Aid Shooters when ‘Spray Firing’ from the Hip”?
    By Eugene Volokh on January 2, 2014 12:09 am in Guns: "Laws that ban so-called “assault weapons” often define them with reference to various features, such as a rifle’s having a bayonet mount or “a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon” (to quote the New York assault weapon ban upheld by N.Y. State Rifle & Pistol Ass’n v. Cuomo (W.D.N.Y. Dec. 31, 2013)). One reason given for focusing on rifles with such pistol grips is that, in the words of the court, this “feature[] aid shooters when ‘spray firing’ from the hip.” I’m not an expert on firearms tactics, but I’m very skeptical of this. [ ... ]

http://www.volokh.com/2014/01/02/pis...ay-firing-hip/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned

Bought my M1A sometime shortly after September 11, 2001. Absolutely love it..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BLKH2O View Post
    Bought my M1A sometime shortly after September 11, 2001. Absolutely love it..
    I like that one too .... although the M14 is superior ...