Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Connecticut residents stand in line to register their guns

Connecticut residents stand in line to register their guns

A picture of gun owners in Connecticut standing in a long line waiting to register their guns and ammo is going viral on the net.

http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines....BqTpAu6E.dpbs
    Last edited by Augustin; 01-02-2014 at 04:54 PM.

A frightening, disgusting, and COWARDLY scene.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

One of the original 13.....how far it has fallen.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Augustin View Post
    A picture of gun owners in Connecticut standing in a long line waiting to register their guns and ammo is going viral on the net.

http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines....Al5U72Dn.dpbs
    Can find no reference to the above on the link.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    They should have just brought their guns with them to turn them in ... that's what will happen next IMO.

I like the pic where it also shows the pic of Nazi's doing the same thing in WWII era.

I assure you, I am not in that pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Can find no reference to the above on the link.
    Don't know what happened - link has been fixed. Or use the links that nightmare provided.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    They should have just brought their guns with them to turn them in ... that's what will happen next IMO.
    I hope this photo isn't a spoof.

Not one person has a gun; not one person has a ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ flag; and not a single soul has an American flag or stars and strips attire. Are we sure this photo was even taken in America? Several of them have their papers in hand, and one even is wearing a name tag. What good Americans they are to all show up like this.

Don't know what happened - link has been fixed. Or use the links that nightmare provided.
    That's interesting, it did change. When I first accessed the link URL, it was to their frontpage and the article of interest was waay down the page, from where I copied and pasted the article link and the image link. But your URL does now work.

I hope this photo isn't a spoof. .
    George Roelofson/WTNH. is in the EXIF Data and overprint (watermark).

Here is the associated video - more difficult to spoof - with similar scenes.

http://www.wtnh.com/news/connecticut...-ammo_82666522
    Last edited by Nightmare; 01-02-2014 at 05:24 PM.

Banned

Not one person has a gun; not one person has a ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ flag; and not a single soul has an American flag or stars and strips attire. Are we sure this photo was even taken in America? Several of them have their papers in hand, and one even is wearing a name tag. What good Americans they are to all show up like this.
    They are the sheep .... people who would carry a ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ flag ? I would not expect them to show up or register.

As I have said before, I am an American trapped in CT ( was the pic taken in America? Debatable)

Resistance is futile? Homey don't think so !

I travelled a lot, for my career, for training and work on submarine nuclear reactors. I spent two six-month stretches in Groton/New London at Sub Base NL and GD/Electric Boat and with lots of short trips.

I would say that those images and videos are of typical blue-collar Connecticans. The gap between haves and have-not is very obvious. Perhaps not undeserved, though. I know that the lead hull of 721 Class had to be re-done for lack of attention to detail at a facility where I could not get a lunch for the "glass sandwiches" lined up in the bars across the street - the lunch whistle would blow and they would hammer the alcohol as hard as they hammered their craft.

Remember that Connecticut is where Kelo, the eminent domain decision/event took place, right down the street from GD/EB. To be clear, my rooms at the On-The-Thames-Motel-Boatel were chosen with an eye to a short stagger home should I have decided to indulge at the LoreLei.

My greatest career success was a multi-million $$ job on SSN-751, the first time THAT job had been done under budgeted time, money and exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    George Roelofson/WTNH. is in the EXIF Data and overprint (watermark).

Here is the associated video - more difficult to spoof - with similar scenes.

http://www.wtnh.com/news/connecticut...-ammo_82666522
    Thanks for that Nightmare. I once posted a spoof on this forum and I was very embarrassed about it. I didn't do my research and deserved the criticism I got. This looked real enough so I put it up but then I later started to worry it might be fake.

I find it interesting that you worked on nuclear subs. Perhaps you can answer a question for me. Is it true that our nuclear subs can no longer launch their missiles without direct communication with president Obummer?

My information is that in November 1997, President Clinton signed Presidential Decision Directive 60, which directs U.S. military commanders to abandon the time-honored nuclear deterrence of "launch on warning."

Clinton’s National Security Aide Robert Bell proudly proclaimed to a group of disarmament advocates, "In this PDD, we direct our military forces to continue to posture themselves in such a way as to not rely on launch on warning - to be able to absorb a nuclear strike and still have enough force surviving to constitute credible deterrence." So the current U.S.’s official national defense policy is that we will “absorb a nuclear strike” before responding. This is patently preposterous. Respond with what, I ask?

Also, PDD-60 removed the nuclear launch codes from our nuclear submarine commanders, so they cannot fire their missiles without direct communication with the president. Those vital communications links will assuredly not survive an EMP attack or a massive first strike.

On top of that we have unilaterally agreed to keep over half of our ballistic missile submarines in port at any one time, where they can easily be targeted. The remaining Trident subs on patrol would be unable to respond when communication links and satellites are downed in a first strike.

When you tell the Chinese and Russians that we are going to absorb a first strike, you induce them to make sure they hit us hard with everything necessary to make sure we cannot respond. This is not “credible deterrence.” It is national suicide. President Clinton's orders to the military to absorb a first strike and not launch on warning still stands today. No subsequent president has repealed that Presidential Decision Directive.

What can you add or clarify?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Thanks for that Nightmare. I once posted a spoof on this forum and I was very embarrassed about it. I didn't do my research and deserved the criticism I got. This looked real enough so I put it up but then I later started to worry it might be fake.

--snipped--
    All but the above (first paragraph shown) is decidely off topic for this thread.

Further, if I am not mistaken Nightmare worked on the installation or repair of the reactor plant and was not part of the command structure.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Could be a DMV office or an unemployment line in anywhere USA?

My .02

Best regards

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Banned
    All but the above (first paragraph shown) is decidely off topic for this thread.

Further, if I am not mistaken Nightmare worked on the installation or repair of the reactor plant and was not part of the command structure.
    My neighbor was in the missile command ... oddly, he won't divulge too much about his work.

And really, who cares upon detonation or upon notice of launches .. they'll still be coming. We got plenty of ones to send back.

I see the sailors from Groton all the time - mostly young kids ...

Perhaps Nightmare could send me a private notification instead of a public post to prevent the thread from being locked. I am interested in his thoughts.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Baaaaaa Baaaaaaa
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    As I said over there: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...in-Review-2013

Connecticut is a microcosm of what is coming to the rest of the country. Connecticut was the test case. 99% of the gun owners in Connecticut are sheeple and followed orders. And the government's money is on the rest of the citizens of the country will fall in line and do as they are told.

Sieg Heil Meister.

Would think that these lines w/b a great time for the Tea Party (if such a sentiment exists in CT) to be informing these voters that they need to exercise THEIR constitutional rights to vote out the Democrats (neo-Fascists) that are infringing on their 2A and 4A RIGHTS.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Lots of folks in here from OUTSIDE CT talking trash. CT residents have been put in a tough spot, there is litigation pending to challenge the law. The only solution in the interim (if you're a normal person with family/job/assets that are more important than your gun) is to MOVE OUT OF STATE or comply. Lots of folks can't afford to up and move on short notice. The job market is tight.

IF you had to use your guns in self-defense, you can bet you will be thoroughly investigated...if you're then found to be in violation of the new law, those charges will be brought. In essence, failure to comply with the law would force you into hiding, and perhaps take away your ability to lawfully USE your guns without putting at risk your ability to own/use guns permanently (as a felon). The act of self-defense would in essence MAKE you into a felon just because you decided to not comply with the new law.

So, when you think about compliance/non-compliance...unless you wanna play Randy Weaver or David Koresh...you're pretty much stuck with compliance in CT or leaving the state altogether.
    Last edited by CT Barfly; 01-05-2014 at 10:11 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CT Barfly View Post
    The only solution in the interim .....
    You only need to register and declare that which can legally be required to be registered and declared.

I sent them a statement in before their forms were produced, that I had nothing to disclose that I can be required to disclose as several state agencies (including the Capitol Police and DESPP) as well as several other governmental agencies stated to my request for records of those items we now have to register or declare that they could not provide such records due to a safety risk (ie risk of death) that is associated with the safety risk of individuals who work for the agencies if they were to disclose.

DESPP did not reject my statement or objection to the request for the creation of a record of my firearms and accessories.

Its clear: disclosure results in a safety risk for those that disclose. And what could be more of an infringement?

IMO People who disclosed this requested info have just created a risk of death to themselves and their household members. They are free to do so, of course.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    Would think that these lines w/b a great time for the Tea Party (if such a sentiment exists in CT) to be informing these voters that they need to exercise THEIR constitutional rights to vote out the Democrats (neo-Fascists) that are infringing on their 2A and 4A RIGHTS.
    ROFL .. these people will vote for democrats that openly say that they are north korean agents (and some are IMO)

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    There are other options, but that is even a tougher one and would take community integrity to nullify these laws and stand up for one another against the oppression of the state.

I don't believe not moving equals "consent", and I understand the hard and tough decision being made. Hell who knows I might being saying baa myself at times to save my own skin. What a horrible position for the power hungry to put freedom loving people in.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

What are the fees charged to the citizen for the so called permit privilege?

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast