• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Connecticut residents stand in line to register their guns

Aknazer

Lots of folks in here from OUTSIDE CT talking trash. CT residents have been put in a tough spot, there is litigation pending to challenge the law. The only solution in the interim (if you're a normal person with family/job/assets that are more important than your gun) is to MOVE OUT OF STATE or comply. Lots of folks can't afford to up and move on short notice. The job market is tight.

IF you had to use your guns in self-defense, you can bet you will be thoroughly investigated...if you're then found to be in violation of the new law, those charges will be brought. In essence, failure to comply with the law would force you into hiding, and perhaps take away your ability to lawfully USE your guns without putting at risk your ability to own/use guns permanently (as a felon). The act of self-defense would in essence MAKE you into a felon just because you decided to not comply with the new law.

So, when you think about compliance/non-compliance...unless you wanna play Randy Weaver or David Koresh...you're pretty much stuck with compliance in CT or leaving the state altogether.

You mean like all the people who move to CA and might have various items that are in conflict with an unconstitutional law? Hell, I might have even come into contact with CA residents who have such things. For an unconstitutional law is null and void at the moment of signing.

People have to make a line and then stand by their choice. Or they can be like Obama with Syria (or any of the various other foreign countries he's dealt with) and just keep stepping back whenever the line is crossed. Then again, I'm willing to bet that none of those people are willing to actually fight for freedom and would rather have it simply handed to them by the work of others.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I filled out all the forms but they did not inform me where to mail them ... into the fire they went.

Oh well, force majure bikches.

countryclubjoe

US citizens waiting in lines across the country to obtain a permit/license, good bye "Natural Rights" Whether that natural right is "keep an bear arms" or travel, etc... The citizen is wasting his/her time and surrendering his/her hard earned dollars.
The citizen is paying hard earned dollars, surrendering part or all of their privacy, entering into a contract under duress simply for a state extended so called privilege... It happens everyday all across the country...

" What is the Justification for denying a person their rights" ?

My .02

Best regards

CCJ

countryclubjoe

Permits run, cost wise, about $200-$300 bucks .... sweet huh?

Of course, I would just take these off my taxes on 15 APR ...

Hi davidmcbeth

Folks are paying $200.00 to $300.00 per year for a permit/tax to exercise a natural right to protect themselves and their families..

Ignorance and Fear, the air supply for tyrants.

My .02

Best regards

CCJ

davidmcbeth

Banned
Hi davidmcbeth

Folks are paying $200.00 to $300.00 per year for a permit/tax to exercise a natural right to protect themselves and their families..

Ignorance and Fear, the air supply for tyrants.

My .02

Best regards

CCJ

I hear ya .... keep the faith !

When I tell my state reps that I support the elimination of ALL gun laws, they look at me like I'm from Mars...I just tell them that they are trying to legislate behavior and that never works out as designed.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
It appears that the law is unconstitutional. The new definition of Assault Weapon has made what was legal now illegal.

The Constitution of the United States, art. 1, sec. 10, forbids the states to pass any ex post facto law; which has been defined to be one which renders the act punishable in a manner in which it was not punishable when it was committed.

The why I see it, any so called ownership of an Assault Weapon prior to the enactment of the new definition would be grandfathered or exempt.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2011/pub/chap943.htm#Sec53-202e.htm

HPmatt

eye95

It appears that the law is unconstitutional. The new definition of Assault Weapon has made what was legal now illegal.

The Constitution of the United States, art. 1, sec. 10, forbids the states to pass any ex post facto law; which has been defined to be one which renders the act punishable in a manner in which it was not punishable when it was committed.

The why I see it, any so called ownership of an Assault Weapon prior to the enactment of the new definition would be grandfathered or exempt.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2011/pub/chap943.htm#Sec53-202e.htm

I agree that possession prior to the law could not be punishable, but what about continued possession after the law took effect?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

countryclubjoe

Those grandfathered guns will be the ones the town will keep down at the station for you - free of charge - and you can come 'borrow' them anytime you want, with 30 days written notice.

+1

Sheep deserve nothing less..

CCJ

eye95

You sure were asking me .... by posting .... you gonna have a cow on every post of mine?...

No, but I will point out the more stupid, but arrogant, posts. Most of your bilge just slides on by.

Check it out, genius. I quoted the person I was asking. This board does not revolve around you, so not every post is addressed to you, even if you have a compulsion to answer them all.