• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Connecticut residents stand in line to register their guns

davidmcbeth

Banned
They should have just brought their guns with them to turn them in ... that's what will happen next IMO.

I like the pic where it also shows the pic of Nazi's doing the same thing in WWII era.

I assure you, I am not in that pic.

Augustin

They should have just brought their guns with them to turn them in ... that's what will happen next IMO.

I hope this photo isn't a spoof.

Not one person has a gun; not one person has a ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ flag; and not a single soul has an American flag or stars and strips attire. Are we sure this photo was even taken in America? Several of them have their papers in hand, and one even is wearing a name tag. What good Americans they are to all show up like this.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I hope this photo isn't a spoof.

Not one person has a gun; not one person has a ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ flag; and not a single soul has an American flag or stars and strips attire. Are we sure this photo was even taken in America? Several of them have their papers in hand, and one even is wearing a name tag. What good Americans they are to all show up like this.

They are the sheep .... people who would carry a ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ flag ? I would not expect them to show up or register.

As I have said before, I am an American trapped in CT ( was the pic taken in America? Debatable)

Resistance is futile? Homey don't think so !

Augustin

George Roelofson/WTNH. is in the EXIF Data and overprint (watermark).

Here is the associated video - more difficult to spoof - with similar scenes.

http://www.wtnh.com/news/connecticut/conn-gun-owners-rush-to-register-weapons-ammo_82666522

Thanks for that Nightmare. I once posted a spoof on this forum and I was very embarrassed about it. I didn't do my research and deserved the criticism I got. This looked real enough so I put it up but then I later started to worry it might be fake.

I find it interesting that you worked on nuclear subs. Perhaps you can answer a question for me. Is it true that our nuclear subs can no longer launch their missiles without direct communication with president Obummer?

My information is that in November 1997, President Clinton signed Presidential Decision Directive 60, which directs U.S. military commanders to abandon the time-honored nuclear deterrence of "launch on warning."

Clinton’s National Security Aide Robert Bell proudly proclaimed to a group of disarmament advocates, "In this PDD, we direct our military forces to continue to posture themselves in such a way as to not rely on launch on warning - to be able to absorb a nuclear strike and still have enough force surviving to constitute credible deterrence." So the current U.S.’s official national defense policy is that we will “absorb a nuclear strike” before responding. This is patently preposterous. Respond with what, I ask?

Also, PDD-60 removed the nuclear launch codes from our nuclear submarine commanders, so they cannot fire their missiles without direct communication with the president. Those vital communications links will assuredly not survive an EMP attack or a massive first strike.

On top of that we have unilaterally agreed to keep over half of our ballistic missile submarines in port at any one time, where they can easily be targeted. The remaining Trident subs on patrol would be unable to respond when communication links and satellites are downed in a first strike.

When you tell the Chinese and Russians that we are going to absorb a first strike, you induce them to make sure they hit us hard with everything necessary to make sure we cannot respond. This is not “credible deterrence.” It is national suicide. President Clinton's orders to the military to absorb a first strike and not launch on warning still stands today. No subsequent president has repealed that Presidential Decision Directive.

What can you add or clarify?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Thanks for that Nightmare. I once posted a spoof on this forum and I was very embarrassed about it. I didn't do my research and deserved the criticism I got. This looked real enough so I put it up but then I later started to worry it might be fake.

--snipped--

All but the above (first paragraph shown) is decidely off topic for this thread.

Further, if I am not mistaken Nightmare worked on the installation or repair of the reactor plant and was not part of the command structure.

davidmcbeth

Banned
All but the above (first paragraph shown) is decidely off topic for this thread.

Further, if I am not mistaken Nightmare worked on the installation or repair of the reactor plant and was not part of the command structure.

My neighbor was in the missile command ... oddly, he won't divulge too much about his work.

And really, who cares upon detonation or upon notice of launches .. they'll still be coming. We got plenty of ones to send back.

I see the sailors from Groton all the time - mostly young kids ...

Augustin

Perhaps Nightmare could send me a private notification instead of a public post to prevent the thread from being locked. I am interested in his thoughts.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

HPmatt

Would think that these lines w/b a great time for the Tea Party (if such a sentiment exists in CT) to be informing these voters that they need to exercise THEIR constitutional rights to vote out the Democrats (neo-Fascists) that are infringing on their 2A and 4A RIGHTS.

CT Barfly

Lots of folks in here from OUTSIDE CT talking trash. CT residents have been put in a tough spot, there is litigation pending to challenge the law. The only solution in the interim (if you're a normal person with family/job/assets that are more important than your gun) is to MOVE OUT OF STATE or comply. Lots of folks can't afford to up and move on short notice. The job market is tight.

IF you had to use your guns in self-defense, you can bet you will be thoroughly investigated...if you're then found to be in violation of the new law, those charges will be brought. In essence, failure to comply with the law would force you into hiding, and perhaps take away your ability to lawfully USE your guns without putting at risk your ability to own/use guns permanently (as a felon). The act of self-defense would in essence MAKE you into a felon just because you decided to not comply with the new law.

So, when you think about compliance/non-compliance...unless you wanna play Randy Weaver or David Koresh...you're pretty much stuck with compliance in CT or leaving the state altogether.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
The only solution in the interim .....

You only need to register and declare that which can legally be required to be registered and declared.

I sent them a statement in before their forms were produced, that I had nothing to disclose that I can be required to disclose as several state agencies (including the Capitol Police and DESPP) as well as several other governmental agencies stated to my request for records of those items we now have to register or declare that they could not provide such records due to a safety risk (ie risk of death) that is associated with the safety risk of individuals who work for the agencies if they were to disclose.

DESPP did not reject my statement or objection to the request for the creation of a record of my firearms and accessories.

Its clear: disclosure results in a safety risk for those that disclose. And what could be more of an infringement?

IMO People who disclosed this requested info have just created a risk of death to themselves and their household members. They are free to do so, of course.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Would think that these lines w/b a great time for the Tea Party (if such a sentiment exists in CT) to be informing these voters that they need to exercise THEIR constitutional rights to vote out the Democrats (neo-Fascists) that are infringing on their 2A and 4A RIGHTS.

ROFL .. these people will vote for democrats that openly say that they are north korean agents (and some are IMO)

sudden valley gunner

There are other options, but that is even a tougher one and would take community integrity to nullify these laws and stand up for one another against the oppression of the state.

I don't believe not moving equals "consent", and I understand the hard and tough decision being made. Hell who knows I might being saying baa myself at times to save my own skin. What a horrible position for the power hungry to put freedom loving people in.