Thread: Magpul announces final plans to leave Colorado...

Magpul announces final plans to leave Colorado...

It's funny but I've actually read some people commenting that Magpul was bluffing and they are mad because they claim Magpul never intended to leave CO. Mostly it's from people out of state. Well, to those who didn't believe it:

http://www.magpul.com/move

Can we stop claiming they were lying/bluffing now? They made it clear they couldn't do it over night and that they would want to keep a presence in CO until the 2014 election to serve as a reminder. Good job Magpul, I left 3 months ago! LOL.

Banned
    I understand why they left ... as for me personally, I ain't going anywhere ...

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I understand why they left ... as for me personally, I ain't going anywhere ...
    I'll just say my move out of CO wasn't exactly politically motivated. More preference of lifestyle and an opportunity I couldn't pass up at just the right time.

Glad to see them follow through on their promise.

We're waiting to see how the election turns out this year and we may be following suit.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mobiushky View Post
    I'll just say my move out of CO wasn't exactly politically motivated. More preference of lifestyle and an opportunity I couldn't pass up at just the right time.
    That's OK ... Magpul made it clear why they left ... why run away when one can fight?

Quote Originally Posted by mobiushky View Post
    It's funny but I've actually read some people commenting that Magpul was bluffing and they are mad because they claim Magpul never intended to leave CO. Mostly it's from people out of state. Well, to those who didn't believe it:

http://www.magpul.com/move

Can we stop claiming they were lying/bluffing now? They made it clear they couldn't do it over night and that they would want to keep a presence in CO until the 2014 election to serve as a reminder. Good job Magpul, I left 3 months ago! LOL.
    This is a sad day. Not because Magpul is doing the wrong thing, they surely are not. But because this happens to be the right thing for them to do.
    Last edited by SteveInCO; 01-03-2014 at 10:04 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveInCO View Post
    This is a sad day. Not because Magpul is doing the wrong thing, they surely are not. But because this happens to be the right thing for them to do.
    It is the right thing. It is sad for Colorado that the right thing will hurt the State in addition to the hurt the idiot politicians inflicted.

Sometimes, one has to do the right thing and damn the consequences. (A certain poster should recognize this sentiment. I hope he finally comes to understand it.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Quote Originally Posted by SteveInCO View Post
    Yeah, but I doubt it will have much affect on CO. The booming pot tourism is likely going to replace the money and jobs that Magpul had in the state. And it will probably even replace the non-firearms related plastics industry that is likely to dry up in CO now that the largest driving force for the industry is leaving. People seem to forget that the plastics industry in CO was just starting to take off and they owe it all to Magpul.

So don't worry about CO, they'll be making lots of money on dead heads who can't work or own firearms anymore. Gonna be a GREAT place to live in 5 years...

Campaign Veteran
    Well, it (the pro-gun scene) is not over in CO yet: 2 liberal state legislators recalled, a 3rd one resigned. And in 2014, Gov. Hickenlooper has a fair chance of being voted out.

Then we'll see how the future is looking for CO -- I hope much better. :-)

How many seats in the state legislature need to turn over to have liberty restored? Like MO, IL, many other states, liberals infest the urban areas and they vote. Good luck CO.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    How many seats in the state legislature need to turn over to have liberty restored? Like MO, IL, many other states, liberals infest the urban areas and they vote. Good luck CO.
    My understanding was one more, hence the resignation, to avoid an election that would have caused the seat to switch parties. Now, the dems get to hold on to the seat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Yes, the Dems hold a single seat majority in the Senate. Since the Senate has an odd number (35) they hold a 18-17 majority. Keep in mind that some of the laws that passed only passed by a single vote when the Dems had a 5 seat majority (20-15). Which means on many of the bills 2 dems voted no, those dems still have a position. So razor thin is the key word here.

Hudak resigned for just that reason to allow the Dems to install another vocally anti-2A person in her spot rather than allow it to go to a vote where Hudak only barely won last time and only because the conservative vote was split.

The house is a different case. It's 37-28 democrat. It flipped from Rep to Dem in 2012, so who knows what will happen in 2014.

Flip the house, the senate and the gov and I doubt the laws will last long.
    Last edited by mobiushky; 01-03-2014 at 07:19 PM.

One seat difference in the senate it seems. I think nine to the dem side. The next election will be critical.

Lickenpooper has already stated that he'll veto any attempts to overturn these gun laws - so he must be flushed.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtnScotsman View Post
    Lickenpooper has already stated that he'll veto any attempts to overturn these gun laws - so he must be flushed.
    Then we should do what we can to give him that opportunity. Make him remind everyone during an election year what a t**d he is.
    Last edited by SteveInCO; 01-04-2014 at 08:38 PM.

Senator Brophy has my vote to replace Hickenstooper.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    http://www.ColoradoGunOwners.com

A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Colorado Firearm law.
    http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/colorado/
    Lexis Nexis: Colorado law pertaining to firearms.
    Title 18, Article 12

Along the same lines Haley Strategic has also announced they are moving out of Colorado:

http://soldiersystems.net/2014/01/06...do-to-arizona/

While Haley wasn't part of Magpul, they were closely tied as Travis Haley was one of the Magpul Dynamics instructors and MD did a lot of work in partnership with Haley. So this is likely just a continued response to both the new laws and Magpul moving out.