• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Magpul announces final plans to leave Colorado...

mobiushky

It's funny but I've actually read some people commenting that Magpul was bluffing and they are mad because they claim Magpul never intended to leave CO. Mostly it's from people out of state. Well, to those who didn't believe it:

http://www.magpul.com/move

Can we stop claiming they were lying/bluffing now? They made it clear they couldn't do it over night and that they would want to keep a presence in CO until the 2014 election to serve as a reminder. Good job Magpul, I left 3 months ago! LOL.

SteveInCO

It's funny but I've actually read some people commenting that Magpul was bluffing and they are mad because they claim Magpul never intended to leave CO. Mostly it's from people out of state. Well, to those who didn't believe it:

http://www.magpul.com/move

Can we stop claiming they were lying/bluffing now? They made it clear they couldn't do it over night and that they would want to keep a presence in CO until the 2014 election to serve as a reminder. Good job Magpul, I left 3 months ago! LOL.

This is a sad day. Not because Magpul is doing the wrong thing, they surely are not. But because this happens to be the right thing for them to do.

Last edited:

eye95

This is a sad day. Not because Magpul is doing the wrong thing, they surely are not. But because this happens to be the right thing for them to do.

It is the right thing. It is sad for Colorado that the right thing will hurt the State in addition to the hurt the idiot politicians inflicted.

Sometimes, one has to do the right thing and damn the consequences. (A certain poster should recognize this sentiment. I hope he finally comes to understand it.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

mobiushky

Yeah, but I doubt it will have much affect on CO. The booming pot tourism is likely going to replace the money and jobs that Magpul had in the state. And it will probably even replace the non-firearms related plastics industry that is likely to dry up in CO now that the largest driving force for the industry is leaving. People seem to forget that the plastics industry in CO was just starting to take off and they owe it all to Magpul.

So don't worry about CO, they'll be making lots of money on dead heads who can't work or own firearms anymore. Gonna be a GREAT place to live in 5 years...

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Well, it (the pro-gun scene) is not over in CO yet: 2 liberal state legislators recalled, a 3rd one resigned. And in 2014, Gov. Hickenlooper has a fair chance of being voted out.

Then we'll see how the future is looking for CO -- I hope much better. :)

OC for ME

How many seats in the state legislature need to turn over to have liberty restored? Like MO, IL, many other states, liberals infest the urban areas and they vote. Good luck CO.

eye95

How many seats in the state legislature need to turn over to have liberty restored? Like MO, IL, many other states, liberals infest the urban areas and they vote. Good luck CO.

My understanding was one more, hence the resignation, to avoid an election that would have caused the seat to switch parties. Now, the dems get to hold on to the seat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

mobiushky

Yes, the Dems hold a single seat majority in the Senate. Since the Senate has an odd number (35) they hold a 18-17 majority. Keep in mind that some of the laws that passed only passed by a single vote when the Dems had a 5 seat majority (20-15). Which means on many of the bills 2 dems voted no, those dems still have a position. So razor thin is the key word here.

Hudak resigned for just that reason to allow the Dems to install another vocally anti-2A person in her spot rather than allow it to go to a vote where Hudak only barely won last time and only because the conservative vote was split.

The house is a different case. It's 37-28 democrat. It flipped from Rep to Dem in 2012, so who knows what will happen in 2014.

Flip the house, the senate and the gov and I doubt the laws will last long.

Last edited:

mobiushky

Along the same lines Haley Strategic has also announced they are moving out of Colorado:

http://soldiersystems.net/2014/01/0...ners-announces-move-from-colorado-to-arizona/

While Haley wasn't part of Magpul, they were closely tied as Travis Haley was one of the Magpul Dynamics instructors and MD did a lot of work in partnership with Haley. So this is likely just a continued response to both the new laws and Magpul moving out.