Thread: OCed a 33 round mag again

OCed a 33 round mag again

I live in Tennessee but was visiting Greenville, Texas a few weeks ago and went into Walmart open carrying a 33 round Glock magazine while concealing my Glock 19. This is the second time I've OCed the 33 round mag during a visit to TX. I wore the mag at about 10 o'clock in a Fobus mag carrier. I'm not a huge NRA fan, but to complete the gun-guy look, I also wore an NRA cap. I looked ridiculous, but that's the point. Open carry of a pistol should be legal and it isn't so this is my form of protest.

I was in the store for quite a while and it was pretty busy. However, no one seemed to take notice or care at all until the very end when I got the evil eye from the woman in line in front of me. It was a quite obvious stink eye with turned up nose. LOL.

Other than that, all was well and no MWAG calls or anything. One of these days I will get a black powder pistol for open carry, but until then it will have to be an oversized mag.

Sent from an app instead of a browser simply because browsers on mobile devices are incapable of basic usability by design so that people can sell apps.
    Open means open...

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar

I've considered "open carrying" an empty holster as a form of protest, but I think I actually like your mag idea better. Then I won't have to carry an empty holster as well as my actual holster concealing my firearm, and the extra mag actually has a use.

Honestly though, I wouldn't be surprised to get arrested for open carrying a loaded mag in some municipalities or counties.
    Righteous government, or the righteous lack thereof, is the product of a righteous society, not the producer of it.

Harris County GA, ,
    I carry the same mag in my G19 all the time.... Lol....

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

, ,
    add another one:

"Is that a magazine in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?"

Kitsap County
    lol I have never thought of open carrying just a magazine but I live the idea! Thanks for sharing I love this idea as a means of productive protest. I was in Tennessee last May and loved the state, people and history. I open carried my Smith and Wesson 649 revolver with no problems

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"