• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCed a 33 round mag again

independence

I live in Tennessee but was visiting Greenville, Texas a few weeks ago and went into Walmart open carrying a 33 round Glock magazine while concealing my Glock 19. This is the second time I've OCed the 33 round mag during a visit to TX. I wore the mag at about 10 o'clock in a Fobus mag carrier. I'm not a huge NRA fan, but to complete the gun-guy look, I also wore an NRA cap. I looked ridiculous, but that's the point. Open carry of a pistol should be legal and it isn't so this is my form of protest.

I was in the store for quite a while and it was pretty busy. However, no one seemed to take notice or care at all until the very end when I got the evil eye from the woman in line in front of me. It was a quite obvious stink eye with turned up nose. LOL.

Other than that, all was well and no MWAG calls or anything. One of these days I will get a black powder pistol for open carry, but until then it will have to be an oversized mag. ;)

Sent from an app instead of a browser simply because browsers on mobile devices are incapable of basic usability by design so that people can sell apps.

stealthyeliminator

Nice :D

I've considered "open carrying" an empty holster as a form of protest, but I think I actually like your mag idea better. Then I won't have to carry an empty holster as well as my actual holster concealing my firearm, and the extra mag actually has a use.

Honestly though, I wouldn't be surprised to get arrested for open carrying a loaded mag in some municipalities or counties.

Griz

add another one:

"Is that a magazine in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?"

fire suppressor

lol I have never thought of open carrying just a magazine but I live the idea! Thanks for sharing I love this idea as a means of productive protest. I was in Tennessee last May and loved the state, people and history. I open carried my Smith and Wesson 649 revolver with no problems

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk