• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More power-tripping authoritarians stamping their feet and throwing people in jail

stealthyeliminator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCZBg2i7Rxk

Don't know the details of the whole story. I think that, basically, this guy was open carrying his rifle, the police come, they confiscate the rifle without a warrant and without issuing and citation or making any arrest, he goes to the police department to get his rifle back, they tell him that it's being held as evidence, then issue an arrest warrant a couple of days later for disorderly conduct.

There are so many things wrong with this case starting with the first contact made by police, I don't see how anyone, even being an idiot, could think that this case could go through and prosecution could be successful.

What a joke.

LOL http://www.12newsnow.com/story/24352754/man-carrying-gun-on-his-back-in-mall-is-charged-with-a-crime

Their evidence that a crime was committed is a nutcase saying they thought they were going to die? Because a guy walked through the mall with an AR slung on his back, a drink in one hand, and a bag in the other? What.. A.. Joke..

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

It's the latest social hysteria. We escalated from the hysteria of drugs and foreign terrorists to "domestic terrorists".

What's the saying; when they can't find criminals to harass, they start making them?

stealthyeliminator

Wow. Thanks for posting - that is very interesting to consider in the context here. Just goes to absolutely prove that the hysteria of the public isn't cause for charges such as DC, because the stupidity and unreasonableness of public hysteria knows no bounds.. Clearly the man did not do anything wrong. I'm astonished at the audacity of the chief of police to suggest that the umbrella should be carried differently in the future...

http://www.12newsnow.com/story/2435...after-carrying-gun-through-mall-turns-self-in

Check out the attached screenshot.. The comment. That is the mentality of a CCer right there. Disgusting...

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2014-01-03 11:52:33.png
    Screenshot from 2014-01-03 11:52:33.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Wow. Thanks for posting - that is very interesting to consider in the context here. Just goes to absolutely prove that the hysteria of the public isn't cause for charges such as DC, because the stupidity and unreasonableness of public hysteria knows no bounds.. Clearly the man did not do anything wrong. I'm astonished at the audacity of the chief of police to suggest that the umbrella should be carried differently in the future...

http://www.12newsnow.com/story/2435...after-carrying-gun-through-mall-turns-self-in

Check out the attached screenshot.. The comment. That is the mentality of a CCer right there. Disgusting...
Don't think the comment is attributable to a CCer.

More likely someone who is ignorant of the laws, practical application thereof, and completely in the dark regarding use of lethal force.

stealthyeliminator

Don't think the comment is attributable to a CCer.

More likely someone who is ignorant of the laws, practical application thereof, and completely in the dark regarding use of lethal force.

Well, I probably shouldn't lump all CCers together any more than I should lump all OCers or non-carriers together. I wouldn't be surprised if that guy has his CHL, though.