Thread: Segways, Hovarounds, and handicapped shopping carts

Segways, Hovarounds, and handicapped shopping carts

I was so angered by a couple posts on the audacity to OC on a segway, or any type of powered personal devices especially for the handicapped. It takes a lot these days to anger me, as I learned that anger is not good for me. So instead of stewing I am using the social lounge to voice it, and hopefully enlighten those who are so upset by us handicapped folks.

This is not OC related except for the fact that comment was made about OCing on a Segway. The link I am supplying is not OC but a doctor with disabilities who uses a actual segway to shop, it would be great if he OC'd. I did for a short time use the store supplied cart to shop before my open heart surgery. To look at me one would not know I have a very weak heart. I do not need any device for now but if I do I will use them and ignore the bigots who have no understanding of freedom for all, including the right to use a segway and OC.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Culture/2...-a-Segway.html
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 01-03-2014 at 10:58 AM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Like this one:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	segway.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	11074

or this:

Name:	tracked WC.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	11075

Anyway. A friend of mine OCs (warm weather, CC in cold weather) with a shoulder rig now that he is predominately confined to a wheel chair. Unfortunately he is wrong-handed (left) and the cane he uses when not using his chair seriously impacts his ability to draw from his shoulder rig. He is practicing with using his right hand.

Also, now you have, or will have, the ability to carry more ammo since the added weight of several hundred rounds, in mags, will be born by the "wheel chair" and not you. Can you rig up some kind of swivel mount for your LGs?

Those are kewl but look awful expensive.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Obama Care will pay for one, Obama said so.

Banned
    They have been free (or near-free) to those on the medical dole for years now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

http://streetgliding.files.wordpress.../sam_04281.jpg

Another disabled person on a actual segway retrofitted for him, sure hope he does not OC and upsets one of the anti-handicapped folks.

http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/ea...obility-device

Ohhh the horror! Shame on this guy.

Name:	eaz-disabled-mobility-device.jpeg 
Views:	97 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	11076
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 01-03-2014 at 12:46 PM.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/ccm...ncealed-carry/

(FUQ)As Dr. Bruce Eimer pointed out in his article, “Coping with Physical Disability in Concealed Carry and Defensive Handgun Training” (CCM February/March 2007), the elderly and people with physical disabilities tend to be victimized by criminals much more frequently than other groups of people.1
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 01-03-2014 at 03:50 PM.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump