• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Segways, Hovarounds, and handicapped shopping carts

WalkingWolf

I was so angered by a couple posts on the audacity to OC on a segway, or any type of powered personal devices especially for the handicapped. It takes a lot these days to anger me, as I learned that anger is not good for me. So instead of stewing I am using the social lounge to voice it, and hopefully enlighten those who are so upset by us handicapped folks.

This is not OC related except for the fact that comment was made about OCing on a Segway. The link I am supplying is not OC but a doctor with disabilities who uses a actual segway to shop, it would be great if he OC'd. I did for a short time use the store supplied cart to shop before my open heart surgery. To look at me one would not know I have a very weak heart. I do not need any device for now but if I do I will use them and ignore the bigots who have no understanding of freedom for all, including the right to use a segway and OC.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Culture/...-for-the-right-to-get-around-on-a-Segway.html

Last edited:

OC for ME

Like this one:

segway.jpg

or this:

tracked WC.jpg

Anyway. A friend of mine OCs (warm weather, CC in cold weather) with a shoulder rig now that he is predominately confined to a wheel chair. Unfortunately he is wrong-handed (left) and the cane he uses when not using his chair seriously impacts his ability to draw from his shoulder rig. He is practicing with using his right hand.

Also, now you have, or will have, the ability to carry more ammo since the added weight of several hundred rounds, in mags, will be born by the "wheel chair" and not you. Can you rig up some kind of swivel mount for your LGs?

WalkingWolf

Last edited: