Thread: Deadline for the 'dueling initiatives'

Deadline for the 'dueling initiatives'

And Now the fun begins....

Dueling initiative campaigns cross the finish line

Backers of Initiative 591… today are delivering some 9,100 signatures to the Secretary of State’s office, one day after backers of an opposing measure dropped off their final petitions.

http://www.examiner.com/article/duel...he-finish-line

Banned
    Post the opposing signature petitions ... see who is der

BACKGROUND CHECKS = STRAW PURCHASES

We had background checks in Oakland California since the 1980's and probably before that, and it didn't stop the criminals one bit.

They had some friend of theirs buy the gun and report it stolen and erase the serial number off of it, and then go commit crime with it.

Wait till they start upping the fee's for the checks, and requiring safety classes before you can buy. I wish all these anti gunners would just go live in California with the rest of the idiots.

We (the Whatcom County boys and girls) sent a goodly pile of sig sheets in to be counted. Getting the signatures was the easy part. Now we have to get those people out to actually vote, or king county will rule the State again.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    We (the Whatcom County boys and girls) sent a goodly pile of sig sheets in to be counted. Getting the signatures was the easy part. Now we have to get those people out to actually vote, or king county will rule the State again.
    I didn't see any signature gatherers up here at all.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jered View Post
    I didn't see any signature gatherers up here at all.
    Jered are you in Whatcom County?

We had it at the constitutional rights rally, the gun shows, the pride festival, the OC picnic, did I miss anything John?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

I 594

I wrote to one of our representatives in Olympia about I 594 coming up again next year and this is the reply I received

"Thank you for e-mailing me about Initiative 594. As you may know, this initiative did not advance out of the Legislature this session, so will return to the ballots in November for Washingtonians to vote on.

Due to Washington ethics laws, I am limited as to what I can say about initiatives to be voted on by the people. I can tell you that I personally plan on voting against this initiative come November.

If you have any specific questions about the initiative, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Signature-YOUNG"

Jesse Young

State Representative

26th Legislative District
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I personally collected 40 signatures.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1911er View Post
    I wrote to one of our representatives in Olympia about I 594 coming up again next year and this is the reply I received

"Thank you for e-mailing me about Initiative 594. As you may know, this initiative did not advance out of the Legislature this session, so will return to the ballots in November for Washingtonians to vote on.

Due to Washington ethics laws, I am limited as to what I can say about initiatives to be voted on by the people. I can tell you that I personally plan on voting against this initiative come November.

If you have any specific questions about the initiative, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Signature-YOUNG"

Jesse Young

State Representative

26th Legislative District
    Personally, I would prefer if legislators didn't advise people how to vote....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Personally, I would prefer if legislators didn't advise people how to vote....
    He said how HE was going to vote not giving advice.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    He said how HE was going to vote not giving advice.
    I don't think that's how EmN meant his remark. I think he was concurring with Young's approach. I also don't think lawmakers should be telling anyone how they should vote, but it is incumbent on them to tell their constituents how THEY will vote, and Jesse just passed that test with flying colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    I don't think that's how EmN meant his remark. I think he was concurring with Young's approach. I also don't think lawmakers should be telling anyone how they should vote, but it is incumbent on them to tell their constituents how THEY will vote, and Jesse just passed that test with flying colors.
    That is what I meant. I mean if a legislator says "vote for me" in their election, that's no issue, personally I don't think they should officially advise initiatives. And that's. Exactly what Young did. I personally like Mr. young, I've met him in person on multiple occasions. Him and Jan Angel are both great gun rights supporters, who deserve Kitsap county residents votes in this upcoming election.

NRA Member