• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Deadline for the 'dueling initiatives'

jsanchez

BACKGROUND CHECKS = STRAW PURCHASES

We had background checks in Oakland California since the 1980's and probably before that, and it didn't stop the criminals one bit.

They had some friend of theirs buy the gun and report it stolen and erase the serial number off of it, and then go commit crime with it.

Wait till they start upping the fee's for the checks, and requiring safety classes before you can buy. I wish all these anti gunners would just go live in California with the rest of the idiots.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
We (the Whatcom County boys and girls) sent a goodly pile of sig sheets in to be counted. Getting the signatures was the easy part. Now we have to get those people out to actually vote, or king county will rule the State again.

Jered

We (the Whatcom County boys and girls) sent a goodly pile of sig sheets in to be counted. Getting the signatures was the easy part. Now we have to get those people out to actually vote, or king county will rule the State again.

I didn't see any signature gatherers up here at all.

1911er

I 594

I wrote to one of our representatives in Olympia about I 594 coming up again next year and this is the reply I received

"Thank you for e-mailing me about Initiative 594. As you may know, this initiative did not advance out of the Legislature this session, so will return to the ballots in November for Washingtonians to vote on.

Due to Washington ethics laws, I am limited as to what I can say about initiatives to be voted on by the people. I can tell you that I personally plan on voting against this initiative come November.

If you have any specific questions about the initiative, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Signature-YOUNG"

Jesse Young

State Representative

26th Legislative District

EMNofSeattle

I wrote to one of our representatives in Olympia about I 594 coming up again next year and this is the reply I received

"Thank you for e-mailing me about Initiative 594. As you may know, this initiative did not advance out of the Legislature this session, so will return to the ballots in November for Washingtonians to vote on.

Due to Washington ethics laws, I am limited as to what I can say about initiatives to be voted on by the people. I can tell you that I personally plan on voting against this initiative come November.

If you have any specific questions about the initiative, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Signature-YOUNG"

Jesse Young

State Representative

26th Legislative District

Personally, I would prefer if legislators didn't advise people how to vote....

Dave Workman

He said how HE was going to vote not giving advice.

I don't think that's how EmN meant his remark. I think he was concurring with Young's approach. I also don't think lawmakers should be telling anyone how they should vote, but it is incumbent on them to tell their constituents how THEY will vote, and Jesse just passed that test with flying colors.

EMNofSeattle

I don't think that's how EmN meant his remark. I think he was concurring with Young's approach. I also don't think lawmakers should be telling anyone how they should vote, but it is incumbent on them to tell their constituents how THEY will vote, and Jesse just passed that test with flying colors.

That is what I meant. I mean if a legislator says "vote for me" in their election, that's no issue, personally I don't think they should officially advise initiatives. And that's. Exactly what Young did. I personally like Mr. young, I've met him in person on multiple occasions. Him and Jan Angel are both great gun rights supporters, who deserve Kitsap county residents votes in this upcoming election.