Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Tanker explosion in Davison, Michigan.

  1. #1
    Regular Member OneForAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Davison
    Posts
    279

    Tanker explosion in Davison, Michigan.

    Yesterday this happened.....

    http://www.abc12.com/story/24347559/...remains-closed

    I was contacted by my townhouse manager, and ordered to evacuate immediately!

    Called my wife at work, her boss was nice enough to allow her to leave to pick up me, my 7, 5, 3 year old, and my 8 month old little girl. When my wife approached a road block, she told the Michigan State Trooper her intentions of getting us. His response was, "No, I have a job to do, and if you try and pass, I will arrest you and take you to jail. First off and pardon any cops here, (who I am sure would be as p***ed as I was!!!) his badge is mine! Second, if I put up the money, is there an attorney here looking to make some cash? I have to date, never had a personal problem with law enforcement. But this is just to much!!!

    I have already been in contact with Michigan State Police, and already gotten apologies from two Sergeants who said about the same thing. To the effect of this, "Sorry, what he did was wrong." The second Sergeant gave me a number to contact this particular "geniuses" commanding officer, which I will be doing tomorrow.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

    Some random person, "I will not give up safety because of a few misplaced concerns of the uneducated." end quote...

  2. #2
    Regular Member OneForAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Davison
    Posts
    279
    By the way until today, they did not know it was crude oil.
    They wanted everyone evacuated within a mile, I live less than 2,000 feet away.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

    Some random person, "I will not give up safety because of a few misplaced concerns of the uneducated." end quote...

  3. #3
    Regular Member Maverick9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mid-atlantic
    Posts
    1,505
    Though I'm sure I have empathy for your situation your post makes no sense. Why was your wife trying to get through a roadblock - which must have been set up for a reason - and why would we want the cop to let her into a dangerous area?

    Also, why did his superiors think he was wrong? A road block is there for a reason. I doubt this trooper had the authority to make exceptions.

    OK, rereading it appears she was trying to evacuate you. If so the fault is not with the trooper who didn't set up the roadblock on his own accord. You have no cause of action.

    How did you and your kids in fact get out?
    Last edited by Maverick9; 01-03-2014 at 07:54 PM.

  4. #4
    Regular Member OneForAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Davison
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    Though I'm sure I have empathy for your situation your post makes no sense. Why was your wife trying to get through a roadblock - which must have been set up for a reason - and why would we want the cop to let her into a dangerous area?

    Also, why did his superiors think he was wrong? A road block is there for a reason. I doubt this trooper had the authority to make exceptions.
    Because me and my 4 kids were stuck in ground zero, and I have a 8 month old baby. That and like I said my manager said leave now, as well as the police. I have one car which holds all the car seat and my wife was driving it to get us. With the weather below freezing would anyone go walking with their kids? Not to mention walking with them would of only made it worse.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

    Some random person, "I will not give up safety because of a few misplaced concerns of the uneducated." end quote...

  5. #5
    Regular Member OneForAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Davison
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    Though I'm sure I have empathy for your situation your post makes no sense. Why was your wife trying to get through a roadblock - which must have been set up for a reason - and why would we want the cop to let her into a dangerous area?

    Also, why did his superiors think he was wrong? A road block is there for a reason. I doubt this trooper had the authority to make exceptions.

    OK, rereading it appears she was trying to evacuate you. If so the fault is not with the trooper who didn't set up the roadblock on his own accord. You have no cause of action.

    How did you and your kids in fact get out?
    Really, because one of the Sergeants said he should of let her pass once she gave him the address, because of this I was forced to stay here the whole time watching my kids to make sure they were fine.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

    Some random person, "I will not give up safety because of a few misplaced concerns of the uneducated." end quote...

  6. #6
    Regular Member OneForAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Davison
    Posts
    279
    And cause of action, if some dumb a** can sue McDonalds just because the cup didn't say the coffee was hot and they spilled it (knowing it was hot) all over their own lap, I have a cake walk.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

    Some random person, "I will not give up safety because of a few misplaced concerns of the uneducated." end quote...

  7. #7
    Regular Member OneForAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Davison
    Posts
    279
    Are their not moms out their who have nothing better to do than to scream, "won't someone think of the children." I am sure they would see eye to eye with me on this one.
    Last edited by OneForAll; 01-03-2014 at 08:14 PM.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

    Some random person, "I will not give up safety because of a few misplaced concerns of the uneducated." end quote...

  8. #8
    Regular Member OneForAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Davison
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by OneForAll View Post
    Are their not moms out their who have nothing better to do than to scream, "won't someone think of the children." I am sure they would see eye to eye with me on this one.
    LOL, sorry had to quote myself just so I could laugh, those same moms would only agree with that statement here, nothing more as they are probably the same moms that say, "take the guns, won't someone think of the children." Sorry.....
    Last edited by OneForAll; 01-03-2014 at 08:19 PM.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

    Some random person, "I will not give up safety because of a few misplaced concerns of the uneducated." end quote...

  9. #9
    Regular Member FreeInAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Secret Bunker
    Posts
    2,573
    I would have told the manager and police if they had a mode of transportation for your family and a warm place to take you sure, I'll leave - otherwise you are ordering us to our deaths! A unlawful order. In MI's freezing cold winters one can die of exposure quickly - particularly children and the elderly. Just more stupid orders by those too dense to consider the consequences of those orders.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

    “Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

  10. #10
    Regular Member OneForAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Davison
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    I would have told the manager and police if they had a mode of transportation for your family and a warm place to take you sure, I'll leave - otherwise you are ordering us to our deaths! A unlawful order. In MI's freezing cold winters one can die of exposure quickly - particularly children and the elderly. Just more stupid orders by those too dense to consider the consequences of those orders.
    Here we go, someone who knows about Michigans B.S.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

    Some random person, "I will not give up safety because of a few misplaced concerns of the uneducated." end quote...

  11. #11
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by OneForAll View Post
    And cause of action, if some dumb a** can sue McDonalds just because the cup didn't say the coffee was hot and they spilled it (knowing it was hot) all over their own lap, I have a cake walk.
    You obviously know nothing about liebeck if you believe that's what the lawsuit was about.

    You have failed to state a claim upon which a court can grant relief. Your civil rights weren't violated, you have no apparent monetary damages.... What exactly are you asking the court to provide you?
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  12. #12
    Regular Member Maverick9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mid-atlantic
    Posts
    1,505
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    You obviously know nothing about liebeck if you believe that's what the lawsuit was about.

    You have failed to state a claim upon which a court can grant relief. Your civil rights weren't violated, you have no apparent monetary damages.... What exactly are you asking the court to provide you?
    I tried to tell him that.

  13. #13
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    I would have told the manager and police if they had a mode of transportation for your family and a warm place to take you sure, I'll leave - otherwise you are ordering us to our deaths! A unlawful order. In MI's freezing cold winters one can die of exposure quickly - particularly children and the elderly. Just more stupid orders by those too dense to consider the consequences of those orders.
    What authority does the townhouse manager have? When you lease property you have rights of ownership until the lease is up.....

    I would have told the manager to kick rocks and he could start unlawful detainer with motion to show cause against me if he has a problem........
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  14. #14
    Regular Member OneForAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Davison
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    You obviously know nothing about liebeck if you believe that's what the lawsuit was about.

    You have failed to state a claim upon which a court can grant relief. Your civil rights weren't violated, you have no apparent monetary damages.... What exactly are you asking the court to provide you?
    First off, I know exactly why she won the suit, because of the temperature of the coffee. Second, I was making a point over people sue over dumber stuff than a cop not letting your wife evacuate you in a desperate situation. Third, what would you of done, left your family and said, "well the cop says I can't help."

    Can a 8 month old tell you when they can't breath, no.... And I don't want money, I want his badge.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

    Some random person, "I will not give up safety because of a few misplaced concerns of the uneducated." end quote...

  15. #15
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by OneForAll View Post
    First off, I know exactly why she won the suit, because of the temperature of the coffee. Second, I was making a point over people sue over dumber stuff than a cop not letting your wife evacuate you in a desperate situation. Third, what would you of done, left your family and said, "well the cop says I can't help."

    Can a 8 month old tell you when they can't breath, no.... And I don't want money, I want his badge.
    A court cannot order an organization to terminate an employee unless the law requires it. Failure to state a claim upon which relief can be granted.

    Your course of action is through internal affairs, maybe the media would be better. If you can have a news station interview you and your family might be your best bet. A superior court, unless michigan allows puntitive damages, will not be able to legally adjudicate your claim, you have no compensatory damages that can be paid.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  16. #16
    Regular Member OneForAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Davison
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    A court cannot order an organization to terminate an employee unless the law requires it. Failure to state a claim upon which relief can be granted.

    Your course of action is through internal affairs, maybe the media would be better. If you can have a news station interview you and your family might be your best bet. A superior court, unless michigan allows puntitive damages, will not be able to legally adjudicate your claim, you have no compensatory damages that can be paid.
    Once again, I do not want money, o.k.? I want a lawyer because a lone wolf doesn't stand a chance against any state police department.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

    Some random person, "I will not give up safety because of a few misplaced concerns of the uneducated." end quote...

  17. #17
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by OneForAll View Post
    Once again, I do not want money, o.k.? I want a lawyer because a lone wolf doesn't stand a chance against any state police department.
    Well I guess just keep us up to date on what happens.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  18. #18
    Regular Member OneForAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Davison
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Well I guess just keep us up to date on what happens.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Will do....
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

    Some random person, "I will not give up safety because of a few misplaced concerns of the uneducated." end quote...

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Urban Skeet City, Alabama
    Posts
    897
    One vehicle to transport the whole family, you have the family with you and she doesn't....

    Sounds like she should have taken your beater instead of the Mom-mobile.

    Peace in the marriage, versus a critical lack of redundancy....

    I see what you're saying, but I disagree with your ire. However, I also agree with it, to some limited extent. There is a maxim that comes to mind: "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."

    It's hard to justify spending $1700 on a gun and accessories when you already have a gun, and not plowing that money into a more reliable form of transportation. I'm not saying that is or isn't your situation. There are honestly people living paycheck to paycheck, but those are decisions those people made.

    It comes down to the market negotiable value of the skillset the person has, and the marketability thereof.
    Last edited by Kirbinator; 01-06-2014 at 09:29 AM.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

  20. #20
    Regular Member OneForAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Davison
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbinator View Post
    One vehicle to transport the whole family, you have the family with you and she doesn't....

    Sounds like she should have taken your beater instead of the Mom-mobile.

    Peace in the marriage, versus a critical lack of redundancy....

    I see what you're saying, but I disagree with your ire. However, I also agree with it, to some limited extent. There is a maxim that comes to mind: "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."

    It's hard to justify spending $1700 on a gun and accessories when you already have a gun, and not plowing that money into a more reliable form of transportation. I'm not saying that is or isn't your situation. There are honestly people living paycheck to paycheck, but those are decisions those people made.

    It comes down to the market negotiable value of the skillset the person has, and the marketability thereof.
    First off like my guns, I buy a car I want like an AR, and then build it to my liking.
    No beater here, just 1 2002 Taurus with a rebuilt motor that I built myself, replaced everything so far except the transmission and ball joints. (No it was not needed when I replaced everything, I just like working on cars)

    And yeah, I was planning on a tanker exploding so I made sure my wife was at work when it happen!

    Second, after speaking with the State Police today, He(the trooper I have a problem with) did what he was suppose to, BUT.... went about it the wrong way and will definitely be lectured on how he should of handled the situation.

    He is to call another unit to go to the address my wife gave him to pick us (me and my 4 kids) up as we had no other way out.

    I guess it's whatever.......

    Now I draw some serious concerns about this web site.....

    Posters here scream out about this cop did this, that, the other thing, and shame on him (the cop)....

    So I will ask like I already have once, "what would you of done, turned around and left your spouse and children in ground zero, or challenge the cop who is to stay in his position as so others don't get past the barricade?"

    I will tell you this much, this site has become more entertaining to me than useful anymore.

    Some will hold a certain stance in one argument, to feel as though the won the debated. Then turn around and completely hold a different stance just because they are responding towards another poster they don't much care for.

    Their is no "I" in team people. This isn't elementary either, it like a radio.... If you don't like the station(thread) change it instead of reaching for the insult button.

    Rick.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

    Some random person, "I will not give up safety because of a few misplaced concerns of the uneducated." end quote...

  21. #21
    Regular Member FreeInAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Secret Bunker
    Posts
    2,573
    @Rick - when I don't like the station, I just shout over top of the song(s) I don't like...show tunes...99 bottles of beer on the wall....that is far better and rational than simply switching the channel....right ?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

    “Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •