• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to the site - hello!

DDumont

So I've seen this site and referred to it every now and again for some things so I decided to finally register. You all seem like a fun and informative bunch. I'll start with a little introduction:

My name is Doug. I'm 23 years old, been carrying regularly for a couple months now. I love open carrying my Gen 4 Glock 22. I did five years in the US Navy as a Master-at-arms. I did 3 years overseas in Italy followed by a year and a half in Washington. I was honorably discharged earlier this year. I open carry with my beautiful wife who just very recently received her first firearm.

I'd like to open carry with some friends, but my social life is quite lacking. I'm hoping there are people here who wouldn't mind doing something while OC'ing. I've yet to see a single person carry here in Vegas. Oh, I live in North (east) Las Vegas. In fact, most of the time you'd think that OC'ing is quite frowned upon by the reactions I get.

Anyway, nice to meet all of you! I look forward to my stay here.

vegaspassat

Be sure to pay attention to the events section. There are a couple new guys that want to meet up soon. Im thinking tuesday

28kfps

Welcome to the site. Thanks for your service.
Our Las Vegas group use to be fairly active with meet ups, lunches and an occasional picnic. Just information to new or newer, no rules anyone can plan a neet up.. Just need a date time and place.

DDumont

Thanks for the warm welcome! If it's open invite, the wife and I would like to attend on Tuesday. thanks all for the warm induction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SharpShootur

What? You carry a Glock? :shocker: ROCK OUT WITH YOUR GLOCK OUT MY FELLOW GLOCKER!!! :banana: And welcome to the forum! Please, I invite you to be active here and DO NOT be afraid to ask questions. Your input is also welcome!

Also, 28kfps is right. OC events were far more common and it's my hope that we can make that possible again! :D BBQs and picnics are a GREAT way to fellowship with those of similar interests. Perhaps, when you and your lovely bride are comfortable, you may decide to sponsor an OC event (like an invite to other noobs and veterans to BBQs, picnics, or even a simple get together at a local eatery).

Just a friendly reminder, it's best to read up on the gun laws before one ventures out to OC. Although it is becoming more commonplace, there are those who feel it necessary to "challenge" your right. Simply saying that you read it here on this forum (or some other webpage) is not enough. There is a thread called, Sticky: Nevada (Open) Carry Pamphlet. Here, you will find a pamphlet that you can print and carry on your person (wallet, pocket, or purse) that you can refer to IF you are challenged. Also, you can review the following sites:

http://armsinfo.com/nevada/firearm.htm
http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-laws/nevada.aspx

And please, it would be SO nice if we had women carry as well. Perhaps your wife might be interested in OCing? *Hint, hint*

Once again, welcome to the forum! Hope to see you at the OC event sponsored by Vegaspassat, and remember to convince others to "Join the Glock side" LOL!:lol:

DDumont

What? You carry a Glock? :shocker: ROCK OUT WITH YOUR GLOCK OUT MY FELLOW GLOCKER!!! :banana: And welcome to the forum! Please, I invite you to be active here and DO NOT be afraid to ask questions. Your input is also welcome!

Also, 28kfps is right. OC events were far more common and it's my hope that we can make that possible again! :D BBQs and picnics are a GREAT way to fellowship with those of similar interests. Perhaps, when you and your lovely bride are comfortable, you may decide to sponsor an OC event (like an invite to other noobs and veterans to BBQs, picnics, or even a simple get together at a local eatery).

Just a friendly reminder, it's best to read up on the gun laws before one ventures out to OC. Although it is becoming more commonplace, there are those who feel it necessary to "challenge" your right. Simply saying that you read it here on this forum (or some other webpage) is not enough. There is a thread called, Sticky: Nevada (Open) Carry Pamphlet. Here, you will find a pamphlet that you can print and carry on your person (wallet, pocket, or purse) that you can refer to IF you are challenged. Also, you can review the following sites:

http://armsinfo.com/nevada/firearm.htm
http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-laws/nevada.aspx

And please, it would be SO nice if we had women carry as well. Perhaps your wife might be interested in OCing? *Hint, hint*

Once again, welcome to the forum! Hope to see you at the OC event sponsored by Vegaspassat, and remember to convince others to "Join the Glock side" LOL!:lol:

I love my Glock! :p I lived here in Vegas before I enlisted, and I've done (what I like to think) extensive research on the OC laws here in my area. I feel pretty comfortable and I've definitely already had a few challenge me (with no problems thereafter). It doesn't hurt that my mother is well-versed in Nevada law!

I should have rephrased my paragraph above; my wife does carry with me, and she enjoys it. It makes me feel a lot safer knowing she's armed. I just need to get her some more trigger time. I am planning on being at the OC event, provided my interview for North Las Vegas PD doesn't take too long. We will BOTH be carrying :p

I can already tell this is a good community, I'm glad I decided to sign up.

Vegassteve

I love my Glock! :p I lived here in Vegas before I enlisted, and I've done (what I like to think) extensive research on the OC laws here in my area. I feel pretty comfortable and I've definitely already had a few challenge me (with no problems thereafter). It doesn't hurt that my mother is well-versed in Nevada law!

I should have rephrased my paragraph above; my wife does carry with me, and she enjoys it. It makes me feel a lot safer knowing she's armed. I just need to get her some more trigger time. I am planning on being at the OC event, provided my interview for North Las Vegas PD doesn't take too long. We will BOTH be carrying :p

I can already tell this is a good community, I'm glad I decided to sign up.

If your wife is looking for some trigger time, I may have a answer. My wife and I shoot at Discount firearms. She noticed last week they have a ladies only night once a month. She and a friend will be going to the next one which I think is Feb.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Welcome! I'm back in town for a bit so will catch up on where the latest goings-on are!

independence

Welcome! Awesome idea, OCing together! This forum is pretty cool but you just have to keep a thick skin. Nearly everyone is highly opinionated, lol. More so than other firearms sites, in my opinion. If someone demands that you provide an exact citation of the law or the source for a statistic, don't be offended. It's sort of the OCDO way. We don't like misinformation. Glad to hear that you've done so much research on your own! Isn't it amazing how stupid firearms laws are? Emotionally based and out of touch with reality -- not to mention infringement galore. Hope you have fun here and stay safe!

Sent from an app instead of a browser simply because browsers on mobile devices are incapable of basic usability by design so that people can sell apps.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I always seem to miss the fun ones! Not that I've not had fun at the normal ones...