• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

While Ocing at Walmart lastnight..

mpguy

The lady at the counter, while in sports and automotive, asked me to come check out the stock of ammo that had come in. I noticed Tul-Ammo has come out with a Brass Maxx variety of its .45 acp.

Curious if any one has put any of it down range. I picked up a box. Finding .45 acp brass from the local mom and pop shop for reloading has become, interesting.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I haven't tried any but 45ACP brass seems like it's everywhere. I probably have 20,000 cases.

444 Brass that I make 375 JDJ's out of are hard to find and 300WM and 338 Mag brass are scarce as hens teeth.

mpguy

I haven't tried any but 45ACP brass seems like it's everywhere. I probably have 20,000 cases.

444 Brass that I make 375 JDJ's out of are hard to find and 300WM and 338 Mag brass are scarce as hens teeth.

I'm moving to where you are then lol. I can buy almost anything but 9mm which I don't need, and once fired .45 acp brass. I guess on a good note, wheel weights are still easy for me to come buy lately.

I'll check around my area for you. See what I can turn up.

Last edited:

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
I haven't tried it personally.

Does the box say Made in Italy? Scuttlebutt says it's likely made by Fiocchi. If so, it should be good to go.

FWIW, last weekend I was killing time in North Carolina, visiting a few WalMarts and a Gander Mountain. Most had 45 ACP, (including Winchester USA), so it's coming back. 9 mm was still quite scarce.

mpguy

Does the box say Made in Italy? Scuttlebutt says it's likely made by Fiocchi. If so, it should be good to go.

FWIW, last weekend I was killing time in North Carolina, visiting a few WalMarts and a Gander Mountain. Most had 45 ACP, (including Winchester USA), so it's coming back. 9 mm was still quite scarce.

I'll check the box when I get home. I just assumed with the Tul name on the box, it was Russian.

TFred

JMHO, I think the top-knotch on the "indicator" scale of availablity is plain old 22LR. Still never see it at Walmart. Curiously though, Walmarts around these parts have been picking up a few odd things lately. A few weeks ago, they started carrying Winchester White Box 7.62x51 (not .308!), then ZQI in the same round, and in the past week or so, I've seen Federal 7.62x51 as well. The WWB is about $23, ZQI about $17, Federal about $15, all for 20 rounds.

One of them even had a few boxes of .500 something in a black box. I didn't look to carefully to see brand.

TFred

Neplusultra

JMHO, I think the top-knotch on the "indicator" scale of availablity is plain old 22LR. Still never see it at Walmart. Curiously though, Walmarts around these parts have been picking up a few odd things lately. A few weeks ago, they started carrying Winchester White Box 7.62x51 (not .308!), then ZQI in the same round, and in the past week or so, I've seen Federal 7.62x51 as well. The WWB is about $23, ZQI about $17, Federal about $15, all for 20 rounds.

One of them even had a few boxes of .500 something in a black box. I didn't look to carefully to see brand.

TFred

They probably can't get much of anything so they buy what they can, despite being oddball, to get something on the shelf....

mpguy

Box does say Made in Italy. It also looks large pistol primer. So that should mean it's re loadable

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Check around the gun sites for people selling sweepings at gun ranges. That's where I get most of mine.

Justine

The lady at the counter, while in sports and automotive, asked me to come check out the stock of ammo that had come in. I noticed Tul-Ammo has come out with a Brass Maxx variety of its .45 acp.

Curious if any one has put any of it down range. I picked up a box. Finding .45 acp brass from the local mom and pop shop for reloading has become, interesting.

I've used the Tul-Ammo 9mm Brass Maxx and had no issues with it in my Beretta where I did have issues with the steel casings in the same gun. Also found some in .40 S&W and had no issues. This was awhile back and also a Wal-Mart purchase. I'd purchase it again.

Last edited: