Thread: The Police State in Review, 2013

The Police State in Review, 2013

An excellent and long article on the state of affairs in America. Just the many photos tell a very sad and shocking story.

"The Police State in Review, 2013

The year's biggest stories and the trend toward an American police state.

January 2, 2014

While some “journalists” would have you believe the biggest stories of 2013 were about twerking celebrities and over-hyped real-life courtroom sagas, much bigger events were happening with far more lasting national significance. The foundation of an American police state is already laid and making its existence known, while most of the country remains blissfully focused on sports, reality shows, establishment pseudo-news, and other distractions.

It would require an encyclopedia to cover all of the injustices, scandals, and brutality that took place in 2013. This list is designed to illustrate certain trends and significant stories from the past year. If Americans don’t fix their apathy and disengagement toward causes that matter, we can expect these trends to continue toward their logical conclusions: an increasingly repressive police state dominating the lives people inside these borders and beyond."

Full article here:

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/p...e-review-2013/

Sections include:

Checkpoints, Warrantless Searches Become a Way of Life

DoD Program 1033 Militarizing Local Police Departments

The TSA Continues to Expand Its Reach

The Surveillance State, Revealed

Border Security as Oppressive as Ever

The Destructive Drug War Wages On

Schools Groom Children for Life in Police State USA

More Dangerous Decisions from the Supreme Court

Health Care Law Threatens Individual Rights & Privacy

The Dorner Manhunt

and The Boston / Watertown Lockdown

Ugg! What an horrible compendium. I haven't seen that website before.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

The Boston thing made me renew my passport. The mainstream media attempted to catapult the population into a mind control nightmare, and succeeded somewhat. Many people in Boston are cowardly slaves, and their "leaders" are pathetic scum.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    The Boston thing made me renew my passport. The mainstream media attempted to catapult the population into a mind control nightmare, and succeeded somewhat. Many people in Boston are cowardly slaves, and their "leaders" are pathetic scum.
    Boston is where our forefathers first stood up and flipped off the king, which lead to the American Revolution from an oppressive government. Now the cowards of Boston are falling all over themselves turning in their rights and freedoms. Absolutely disgusting surrender monkey.

And every-time I see the "Boston strong" motto my blood pressure goes up at least 10 points.
    Last edited by XD40sc; 01-05-2014 at 12:04 AM.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post
    Boston is where our forefathers first stood up and flipped off the king, which lead to the American Revolution from an oppressive government. Now the cowards of Boston are falling all over themselves turning in their rights and freedoms. Absolutely disgusting surrender monkey.

And every-time I see the "Boston strong" motto my blood pressure goes up at least 10 points.
    And before too much longer we may have ANOTHER king to "flip off"!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Where's the apologist? To say none of this matters and these are not the official documents.

If we were to ad in all the things that have eroded liberty on a local level this list would become tremendously greater.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Where's the apologist? To say none of this matters and these are not the official documents.

If we were to ad in all the things that have eroded liberty on a local level this list would become tremendously greater.
    Yes, US cop bashers need to spend more time there for better effect.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Connecticut gun owners are rushing to register certain firearms and ammunition that will be considered illegal contraband in the new year.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...owners-chills/

Connecticut is a microcosm of what is coming to the rest of the country. Connecticut was the test case. 99% of the gun owners in Connecticut are sheeple and followed orders. And the government's money is on the rest of the citizens of the country will fall in line and do as they are told.

Sieg Heil Meister.