Thread: Why is Georgia ok with suspicion-less traffic stops?

Why is Georgia ok with suspicion-less traffic stops?

A short while ago, my wife and I "fell victim" to the GSP and their suspicion-less traffic road block.

Being someone who recently moved to the area and I'm not completely well versed in GA law at this point, I protested a bit, was pulled aside and outside the vehicle. Was asked a few "standard" questions. Second question was, did I recently move here. I got the feeling he was trying to "do me a favor". I complied with his unconstitutional requests and answered his questions. Went along my day.

After coming home and doing some more reading, I find that these unconstitutional road blocks are perfectly ok in the eyes of the law here in the state of Georgia as long as they are looking for DUI's.

To be honest, I'm completely dumbfounded. I am wholeheartedly surprised that any freedom loving southern state would allow such a violation of the US Constitution or of citizens privacy.

How did Georgia become like this? Is there anything being done about this?

I ask, simply because how long is it going to be before this style of "stop" is applied to OC'ers or soda drinkers?
    Last edited by VW_Factor; 01-05-2014 at 07:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

Banned
    someone's been asleep for the last 40 yrs?

Judge William S. Duffey has already ruled that the mere open carry of a firearm warrants a suspicionless stop and detention.
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 01-05-2014 at 07:14 PM.

Wow. I really had no idea that Georgia hated freedom.

I suppose I should get used to the LEO harassment then eh? Doesn't sound like things are moving in the right direction here.
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I did not read the memo as what you suggested .... he was arrested for trespassing...and he answered questions with confusing responses....
    What the hell are you talking about?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
    Odd, I think that it posted a rely to the wrong thread ... lol

I'll delete it.

thx for the note

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth
    I did not read the memo as what you suggested .... he was arrested for trespassing...and he answered questions with confusing responses....[
    Likely in relation to this thread on OCDO or the much longer, more detailed account on GeorgiaPacking.org
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 01-05-2014 at 07:56 PM.

Why is Georgia ok with suspicion-less traffic stops?
    Leftists may be all about law-and-order today, but the "conservative right" was obsessed with it for decades beforehand, to the routine detriment of the Bill of Rights. Hence Georgia today, along with most of the deep South.

Even Virginia has a few irksome byproducts of that tendency.
    Last edited by marshaul; 01-05-2014 at 08:28 PM.

Neither the left or the right have the monopoly on progressives using enforcement to make things better.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Cool

A short while ago, my wife and I "fell victim" to the GSP and their suspicion-less traffic road block.

Being someone who recently moved to the area and I'm not completely well versed in GA law at this point, I protested a bit, was pulled aside and outside the vehicle. Was asked a few "standard" questions. Second question was, did I recently move here. I got the feeling he was trying to "do me a favor". I complied with his unconstitutional requests and answered his questions. Went along my day.

After coming home and doing some more reading, I find that these unconstitutional road blocks are perfectly ok in the eyes of the law here in the state of Georgia as long as they are looking for DUI's.

To be honest, I'm completely dumbfounded. I am wholeheartedly surprised that any freedom loving southern state would allow such a violation of the US Constitution or of citizens privacy.

I ask, simply because how long is it going to be before this style of "stop" is applied to OC'ers or soda drinkers?
    VW-factor---

These Nazi dui roadblocks are springing up everywhere... They are a big source of revenue for the city or township or the state if it is state run..

Its away for LEO to make some extra over time pay and hang out with their buddies and be on a power trip..
    The whole process is a violation of your natural right to travel without threat of being seized ,and to feel confortable while traveling..
    Rights need to be fought for...
    Best regards
    CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Being new does not mean that the "OK-ness" of the stop can not be reversed to being not-OK. All it takes is a sober and circumspect citizen with the gumption to stick it to the man.....with video and audio evidence of course.

Am I being accused of breaking a law ocifer?.....hiccup.....burble.....hiccup.....

The G will continue to tell citizens that it is for the citizens safety... What they are doing is violating hundreds to capture a few... ( Not a good formula for the citizens)

Tzu-kug asked about government. The master ( Confucius) said, " Give them enough food, give them enough arms, and the common people will have trust in You."

Today that mantra would read.. " Give them some food, and promise them some public safety/security and the common people will have trust in You".

My .02

Best regards

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?