• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Parking lot law nonsense

independence

This article is ridiculous. Seems to be suggesting the ludicrous idea that employers should post their entire property, make designated parking areas for permit holders and conduct background checks on employees to determine if they have a permit, etc. It also uses the term concealed, im regards to the permit itself, which is just plain false. The TN Handgun Carry Permit allows both open carry and concealed carry. This shows the ignorance of the author who is apparently providing legal advice.

http://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=69c72816-081c-4f6c-af0c-4ed7b3dc3708

Sent from an app instead of a browser simply because browsers on mobile devices are incapable of basic usability by design so that people can sell apps.

cjohnson44546

Sounds pretty ridiculous... like anyone would admit to that and park in a "Guns here! Break in and steal me" lot.

I don't carry my gun to work in my car... because my employer would fire me if they found out... because this stupid law has no teeth. Luckily i live very close and only go between work and home without my gun.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I think that the author of that article has been in a trunk too long and has been deprived of air, causing brain damage.

mark-in-texas

Sounds pretty ridiculous... like anyone would admit to that and park in a "Guns here! Break in and steal me" lot.

I don't carry my gun to work in my car... because my employer would fire me if they found out... because this stupid law has no teeth. Luckily i live very close and only go between work and home without my gun.

Important point; "if they found out" Are they planning to break in to your vehicle?? Adequately concealed, they'll never see it.

cjohnson44546

Important point; "if they found out" Are they planning to break in to your vehicle?? Adequately concealed, they'll never see it.

if they ever get an idea, they can search my vehicle. As condition of driving my vehicle on the property, i consent to have it searched at any time for any reason. If i refuse the search, then its grounds to be fired as well.

Last edited:

Griz

if they ever get an idea, they can search my vehicle. As condition of driving my vehicle on the property, i consent to have it searched at any time for any reason. If i refuse the search, then its grounds to be fired as well.

buy a lock box. bolt it down. "sorry, didn't bring the key / lost it / whatever. you can look next time."

Last edited:

OC for ME

buy a lock box. bolt it down. "sorry, didn't bring the key / lost it / whatever. you can look next time."
....no problem. BTW, there will be no next time, gather your things, you're fired for violating company policy.....not that i need to tell you why you're fired.