• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Took my CCW renewal this weekend, asked about Act 746

Kopis

So i took my renewal course this weekend. I know this crittenden county sheriff personally for quite a few years now. We dont hang out but we know each other. He has offered to do tactical courses for friends and I @ $100 a head for half day but ive never gotten around to it. He shoots a lot of competition stuff too. Anyway, he has me load up three FULL glock 17 mags. Tells me to dumo the first mag at the target, ok, 17/17. Basically had me do the same thing two more times then gave me my paperwork. I just feel like a little more advice would have been helpful.

Anyway, i did ask about act 746 and he responded that Crittenden county was staying with whatever the AGs opinion was. I responded the act doesnt mention concealed/OC but he pretty much didnt seem interested in discussing it. Maybe just having a bad day, we all have those.

I was also pretty suprised at new years. I went to see some friends and there was an AR state police investigator there. He has been an LEO for a long time, also in west memphis too. he had no idea about act 746 or if the current law allows for carry of loaded long rifles etc. I guess i am just shocked how little of the law these guys seem to know. i cant imagine questioning them on the side of the road and citing state law.... they would have no idea what i was talking about.

Jordan6679

I lived in west Memphis for 3 years (09-12) I probably wouldn't have oc'd there myself. Its is pretty sketchy. I did talk to a springdale PO while I was in Arkansas last week, he didn't know much at all about act 746, but did discourage it.

Last edited: