Thread: FBI Drops Law Enforcement as 'Primary' Mission

FBI Drops Law Enforcement as 'Primary' Mission

"The FBI's creeping advance into the world of counterterrorism is nothing new. But quietly and without notice, the agency has finally decided to make it official in one of its organizational fact sheets. Instead of declaring "law enforcement" as its "primary function," as it has for years, the FBI fact sheet now lists "national security" as its chief mission. "

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/po....dTe9DVfT.dpbs

The Foreign Policy Cable web site is a true POS. Sorry. I'll link a better URL if'n when I see one.

G00gle Real time coverage

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...1xdz-hM&ned=us

Fact sheet altered in the summer of last year, says national security lawyer
    Daily Mail - ‎4 hours ago‎

But now the agency appears to have finally made its new priority official by quietly updating its mission statement. The bureau's fact sheet has now replaced its decades-long 'primary function' of 'law enforcement' with 'national security' to reflect reforms that ...
    Last edited by Nightmare; 01-06-2014 at 01:14 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    That's what we need ... MORE "national security" ...

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    SNIP But now the agency appears to have finally made its new priority official by quietly updating its mission statement. The bureau's fact sheet has now replaced its decades-long 'primary function' of 'law enforcement' with 'national security' to reflect reforms that ...
    Translation: "We are no longer the FBI. You may refer to us as the NKVD."

"What is national security? National security is whatever we say it is."

I'm sure Dr. Steven Hatfill, Richard Jewell, and Vicki Weaver will be relieved.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

I have always surmised that F.B.I. always stood for Farking Bunch of Idiots! Dumb, dumb, dumb ...[

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs-Q0JmWjj0
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 01-07-2014 at 01:11 AM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi