Thread: Dulles Hyatt Hotel?

Dulles Hyatt Hotel?

2300 Dulles Corner Blvd, Herndon, Virginia 20171

Is this hotel considered part of the "airport terminal" as a prohibited place in VA? Or is carry in the Hyatt legal? Also does anyone know if this hotel is posted? I'll be attending a conference there in March, and need to know if it's OK to carry there...

Thanks in advnce!
    Last edited by Dreamer; 01-06-2014 at 03:50 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

I don't know if it is posted, but it is not on the airport grounds.

I "know" you do not need to be told, but just in case somebody is thinking of being helpful - DO NOT ASK THEM AHEAD OF TIME!

If you do not see anything clearly and prominently posted, wear it like you know what you are doing.

stay safe
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I "know" you do not need to be told, but just in case somebody is thinking of being helpful - DO NOT ASK THEM AHEAD OF TIME!

If you do not see anything clearly and prominently posted, wear it like you know what you are doing.

stay safe

Thanks for the reminder, Skid. That was my exact plan of operation. I've been at it FAR to long to "call ahead for permission"... ;-)
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

The law uses the follow verbiage:

> to possess or transport into any air carrier airport terminal in the Commonwealth

I think a reasonable person would agree that a hotel is not an "air carrier airport terminal", and that those words would apply to the building housing facilities owned or operated by an air carrier.

Of course, I'm not an attorney, so take it for what you will. I know I've carried multiple times to the airport here in Charlottesville, and have gotten out of my vehicle to help my passenger load their luggage. The LEO there didn't even seem exceptionally interested in me, so I'm assuming they either thought I was a fellow LEO or are aware of the law.

If I were in your place, I'd carry in the hotel.