• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Filed a FOIA request 1st week of Dec 13 -- confisgation was the subject matter

davidmcbeth

Banned
Asked several democratic legislators for any emails that contained the word "confiscate" for the last quarter of 2013.

Simple yes? Simple no....see the reply I got today when I asked where the records were:

At this point, I am unable to give you a precise time frame for when the records will be available. Once responsive records are compiled, they will need to be reviewed by legal staff who will determine whether disclosure is legally appropriate. Although I cannot predict when this process will be complete, please be assured that we are working to respond to your request in a timely manner.

Sounds like they are working to delete such emails to me.