• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new Remington r 51

mobiushky

The guy is a hack, everybody knows it, in fact he has been caught plagiarizing. I also edited my post with remarks from Glock owners about the 42, ya know the gun made by the gods, the so called perfect gun by Glock themselves. If Solus is to take TTAG's advice, he certainly should not consider a Glock on the advice from GLOCK OWNERS.

Solus is a smart guy, I would imagine he will test one out before he buys. Something that craving Glock snobs did not do with the 42, AND THEY GOT BURNED.

At what point did Glock even come into this thread? Oh yeah, you entered the thread. Sorry, should have known.

This is a thread about a Remington, which you seem to have forgotten. So far, the reviews of the R51 (not the Glock in case you missed that) are that it is promising, but has issues. And boom, somehow that means someone is praising Glock? Uh, no. Is it possible for you to leave Glock out of any thread? Can we focus on the point of this thread? You know, Remington? They make guns also? This one? It's call the R51? Maybe focus on that for a bit instead of your personal crusade?

I know, all gun reviews that don't reinforce your opinions are hacks. I know, but some people don't agree with you.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

At what point did Glock even come into this thread? Oh yeah, you entered the thread. Sorry, should have known.

This is a thread about a Remington, which you seem to have forgotten. So far, the reviews of the R51 (not the Glock in case you missed that) are that it is promising, but has issues. And boom, somehow that means someone is praising Glock? Uh, no. Is it possible for you to leave Glock out of any thread? Can we focus on the point of this thread? You know, Remington? They make guns also? This one? It's call the R51? Maybe focus on that for a bit instead of your personal crusade?

I know, all gun reviews that don't reinforce your opinions are hacks. I know, but some people don't agree with you.

The hack referenced Glock in his article, or did you miss that? It is always funny to see your panties get in a bunch whenever the Glock is not referenced as the "Hand of God". You appear to have issues that come to light every-time a firearm is discussed, and when reference to Glock or comparison you have a hissy fit.

You were ready to dump on the Remington out of the gate, but God forbid bringing the flaws of the new 42 to light.

Last edited:

mobiushky

The hack referenced Glock in his article, or did you miss that? It is always funny to see your panties get in a bunch whenever the Glock is not referenced as the "Hand of God". You appear to have issues that come to light every-time a firearm is discussed, and when reference to Glock or comparison you have a hissy fit.

You were ready to dump on the Remington out of the gate, but God forbid bringing the flaws of the new 42 to light.

What is it you think I care about with the 42? If it sucks, it sucks. Why should that bother me and why should that matter in reference to the Remington R51?

Actually, Solus mentioned manufacturers in what is nothing more than a valid attempt to say that perhaps the person mentioning unfavorable reviews might be an employee of a competitor. That was a valid statement. Then you took that, as you often do, as some kind of cue to go off on your one man crusade.

I'm really not sure what you have in your bonnet about Glock. It's so bad you have to bring them up in every thread. I don't really care that much about the company. And I still fail to see what reviewing the Glock 42 has to do with the Remingtion R51. Are you implying that if that 42 sucks then the R51 is perfection incarnate? Somehow that doesn't make sense to me.

If a gun has flaws, it has flaws. I don't care what the brand name is on the slide (or frame or any other location). I'm not a rollmark snob like some people ... (hint hint). "out of the gate" as you put it, the R51 has issues. It started at SHOT when they didn't allow any of the media to test fire it. It was mentioned many times in several reviews that there were issues with it locking properly when handled on the show floor. Then the first detailed review available mentioned a few more flaws. I like it when the reviews find flaws. That means the maker (remington, not Glock in case you forgot) has feedback and can address them. The biggest to me is that it possible to reassemble the gun in a manner that it will pass a simple function check and yet be assembled incorrectly. That's a major issue that could probably be manifest by an inexperienced shooter. This is an entry level positioned gun, I suspect that many inexperienced and first time buyers will choose this gun. That's something Remington needs to deal with. But no, the Glock 42 sucks so that means R51 is perfection right wolf?

Get it through your head, I don't care about the 42. I've played with one, I'm not impressed. It would have been better in 9mm, but then it has to compete with the Shield which by all accounts has one of the best triggers on the market. And again, I really fail to see what ANY of that has to do with the R51?

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I have nothing against Glocks, just certain owners who think the sun revolves around them. "Know what I mean Vern?"

I just picked up my Glock yesterday, but I have no intention to be a slobbering Glock snob taking every opportunity to trash every other gun on the market.

mobiushky

I have nothing against Glocks, just certain owners who think the sun revolves around them. "Know what I mean Vern?"

I just picked up my Glock yesterday, but I have no intention to be a slobbering Glock snob taking every opportunity to trash every other gun on the market.

What I have a problem with is people posting false information based on their opinions. Sometimes you seem to think any time someone says a negative thing about a gun it's automatically a "glock snob" bashing every other gun on the market. When in reality it's often a valid criticism of the gun in question. If someone posts false information about a Glock, why not correct it? Are you saying it's ok to post false information about Glock because you don't like some Glock owners?

If false information is posted on this forum it should be corrected. I don't care who makes the gun or what brand is rollmarked on the slide. If it's wrong it should be corrected. I don't have a problem correcting false information.

Since this thread isn't about the Glock 42 (and I STILL have no idea why it was even mentioned at all) I'll post a comment in your thread about the 42. Which is funny that it's automatically misleading to begin with....

WalkingWolf

What I have a problem with is people posting false information based on their opinions. Sometimes you seem to think any time someone says a negative thing about a gun it's automatically a "glock snob" bashing every other gun on the market. When in reality it's often a valid criticism of the gun in question. If someone posts false information about a Glock, why not correct it? Are you saying it's ok to post false information about Glock because you don't like some Glock owners?

If false information is posted on this forum it should be corrected. I don't care who makes the gun or what brand is rollmarked on the slide. If it's wrong it should be corrected. I don't have a problem correcting false information.

Since this thread isn't about the Glock 42 (and I STILL have no idea why it was even mentioned at all) I'll post a comment in your thread about the 42. Which is funny that it's automatically misleading to begin with....

There is no such thing as posting a false opinion, you just can't stand others opinions about Glocks. NOT one post about Glock problems are false. Unwad your panties.

mobiushky

There is no such thing as posting a false opinion, you just can't stand others opinions about Glocks. NOT one post about Glock problems are false. Unwad your panties.

Hmm... My post says false information because of their opinions. You know like saying Glocks "have a reputation for blowing up" because you have a bee in your bonnet cause no one will listen to you.

Oh there are plenty of false posts about problems with Glocks. There are plenty of false posts about problems with many guns. There are plenty of false posts about problems with flint locks. And I have no problem refuting them when you post those false posts.

But still, what DOES this have to do with the R51? I'm not seeing a tie in here?

WalkingWolf

Hmm... My post says false information because of their opinions. You know like saying Glocks "have a reputation for blowing up" because you have a bee in your bonnet cause no one will listen to you.

Oh there are plenty of false posts about problems with Glocks. There are plenty of false posts about problems with many guns. There are plenty of false posts about problems with flint locks. And I have no problem refuting them when you post those false posts.

But still, what DOES this have to do with the R51? I'm not seeing a tie in here?

The information posted is FACTS, there are many reports of Glocks Kabooms, there are also many videos of Glocks operation problems. These things happen with all firearms, but when some yahoo comes along acting like a Glocks are perfect is completely a fool. You can't stand anybody stating any fact about Glock failures, yet you take glee in dissing any firearm any person is looking at. Glock snobs bring the ridicule on themselves.

mobiushky

The information posted is FACTS, there are many reports of Glocks Kabooms, there are also many videos of Glocks operation problems. These things happen with all firearms, but when some yahoo comes along acting like a Glocks are perfect is completely a fool. You can't stand anybody stating any fact about Glock failures, yet you take glee in dissing any firearm any person is looking at. Glock snobs bring the ridicule on themselves.

What planet do you live on normally? It's got to be an odd place. In what world did I EVER imply that I believed that Glock is perfect? Glock is as reliable as any other manufacturer on the market. In some case more so, in some cases less. You still aren't explaining what any of this irrational mumbling has to do with the Remington R51? You know, the gun that this thread is about?

Or is it possible that maybe a gun has some design flaws and you can't possibly accept that unless it fits your bias?

solus

gentlemen, like every new or in this case of the R51, redesigned with modern technology, will have quirks and there will be proponents who like this or that about the product or flat out hate it from the get-go.

i liken the discussion at this point to which is better the chevy or the ford...myself i preferred the olds 442 -- sigh!!

i was truly waiting for tomxxxx to provide some type of reference to what they were specifically reading so i could assess if the new firearm is hype or could be an invaluable addition to my carry firearms. i am particular in that i have big paws and the pd360 as a bug kills me to practice with since i can barely grip the j-frame let alone hold on to it as it shoots 357s bullets out the muzzle. additionally the 360 does not have a safety which i have come to appreciate.

ipse

mobiushky

gentlemen, like every new or in this case of the R51, redesigned with modern technology, will have quirks and there will be proponents who like this or that about the product or flat out hate it from the get-go.

i liken the discussion at this point to which is better the chevy or the ford...myself i preferred the olds 442 -- sigh!!

i was truly waiting for tomxxxx to provide some type of reference to what they were specifically reading so i could assess if the new firearm is hype or could be an invaluable addition to my carry firearms. i am particular in that i have big paws and the pd360 as a bug kills me to practice with since i can barely grip the j-frame let alone hold on to it as it shoots 357s bullets out the muzzle. additionally the 360 does not have a safety which i have come to appreciate.

ipse

But Wolf says Glocks suck so that MUST mean the R15 is the bestest thing ever created by the gods themselves? Isn't it? Wolf? Isn't it? [/sarcasm]

Yeah, btw, I agree with you. About the only thing I hope Remington does is make the reassembly a little more goof proof. Aside from that, it sounds like it's got promise. I like the trend toward lower bore axis. It's a great step.

WalkingWolf

But Wolf says Glocks suck so that MUST mean the R15 is the bestest thing ever created by the gods themselves? Isn't it? Wolf? Isn't it? [/sarcasm]

Yeah, btw, I agree with you. About the only thing I hope Remington does is make the reassembly a little more goof proof. Aside from that, it sounds like it's got promise. I like the trend toward lower bore axis. It's a great step.
Absolute enormous outright LIE! I never said Glocks suck, you assume any criticism equals and insult to your fragile ego. You don't mind trashing others equipment or opinions, but cannot take the heat yourself.

You can dish it out but you like little girl can't take it.

solus

sorry you are preaching to the choir here, i actually feel glocks do actually suck and are extremely over rated but a prime example of excellent marketing techniques through movie property placement, pricing, and such...oh wait you mean the gen 4 glocks? nope still suck!!

ipse

Last edited:

mobiushky

Absolute enormous outright LIE! I never said Glocks suck, you assume any criticism equals and insult to your fragile ego. You don't mind trashing others equipment or opinions, but cannot take the heat yourself.

You can dish it out but you like little girl can't take it.

It wasn't a lie, it was sarcasm. And documented to be such.

I haven't trashed any equipment at all. I don't have a problem disputing unfounded claims. Is that what is really bugging you? Seems like some one else is the one who can't take it.

And yet, I STILL haven't seen anything you posted that applies to THIS thread.

WalkingWolf

It wasn't a lie, it was sarcasm. And documented to be such.

I haven't trashed any equipment at all. I don't have a problem disputing unfounded claims. Is that what is really bugging you? Seems like some one else is the one who can't take it.

And yet, I STILL haven't seen anything you posted that applies to THIS thread.

Awww so now you want to claim lies are sarcasm. NO it was a lie, blatant lie in fact. I am not bugged, clearly you have your panties in a wad, I am just getting a kick out of you twisting them even more. The lies are a good indication of it. And claiming that Glock kabooms are unfounded is another outright lie considering it has been documented on the media, AND Glock themselves acknowledge the problem and went so far as to blame lead.

People have been shooting lead out of hex barrels for over a hundred years, and the metals were not even as good as they are today.

mobiushky

sorry you are preaching to the choir here, i actually feel glocks do actually suck and are extremely over rated but a prime example of excellent marketing techniques through movie property placement, pricing, and such...oh wait you mean the gen 4 glocks? nope still suck!!

ipse

That and they benefited from that whole "scary plastic gun must be banned" ethos when they came out. Nothing sells more than a anti-rights politician trying to take it away. Makes for great marketing.

mobiushky

Awww so now you want to claim lies are sarcasm. NO it was a lie, blatant lie in fact. I am not bugged, clearly you have your panties in a wad, I am just getting a kick out of you twisting them even more. The lies are a good indication of it. And claiming that Glock kabooms are unfounded is another outright lie considering it has been documented on the media, AND Glock themselves acknowledge the problem and went so far as to blame lead.

People have been shooting lead out of hex barrels for over a hundred years, and the metals were not even as good as they are today.

I never claimed there were no kabooms. Of course it happens. Happens to all guns. Nothing new. You claimed in a thread that there was a reputation. You didn't back that claim up with anything but a few notable cases (I might add some cases where the departments switched to another model of Glock which you seem to ignore). I disputed your claim of a reputation which you couldn't back up. Then you admitted that you were just trying to troll and rile people up. Where's the confusion? You made a self admitted false claim. At least then you admitted it.

No point in re-hashing that mess, you admitted you lied to rile people up. We accepted that.

WalkingWolf

I never claimed there were no kabooms. Of course it happens. Happens to all guns. Nothing new. You claimed in a thread that there was a reputation. You didn't back that claim up with anything but a few notable cases (I might add some cases where the departments switched to another model of Glock which you seem to ignore). I disputed your claim of a reputation which you couldn't back up. Then you admitted that you were just trying to troll and rile people up. Where's the confusion? You made a self admitted false claim. At least then you admitted it.

No point in re-hashing that mess, you admitted you lied to rile people up. We accepted that.

Duhhhhhhhh~~it has kabooms, and national attention for the kabooms, Glock has admitted they are a problem, and blamed lead ammo. More of BS, and lies, because you cannot take what you dish out. Poor Poor baby...:rolleyes:

And not once have I said I lied~~you sir are a bald faced liar. Excuse me GS but his lies and then accusing others is getting ridiculous.

Last edited:

mobiushky

Duhhhhhhhh~~it has kabooms, and national attention for the kabooms, Glock has admitted they are a problem, and blamed lead ammo. More of BS, and lies, because you cannot take what you dish out. Poor Poor baby...:rolleyes:

And not once have I said I lied~~you sir are a bald faced liar. Excuse me GS but his lies and then accusing others is getting ridiculous.

Actually that would be "bold" face. I assure you, my face is not bald. LOL.

WalkingWolf

Actually that would be "bold" face. I assure you, my face is not bald. LOL.

OK I will give you that one, but the rest is painfully clear. It is ironic as well as funny that you accuse others of falsehoods yet every post of yours contains outright lies, and accusations of lies where none took place. A slug under a rock has more creds than you.