• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new Remington r 51

mobiushky

I know, I'm nitpicky, and whatever else individuals have called me... That's been up on Jeff's youtube channel for a couple days actually.

One thing I saw that made me look twice was watch when he racks the slide at the beginning and notice the 2 dark lines that show up on the top of his left hand. Not the black spot, the 2 lines. It's clear that the slide is running on the top of his hand. Probably nothing. But slide bite might be a thing to watch out for.

The other thing I wish he would do is tear things down. I like Jeff's videos a lot. Just wish he would tear things down sometimes to see what it takes. A la Hickock45. Really want to see his video if he ever does one. Jeff talks about it, but that's not showing it. No biggie hickok45 will do a tear down.

solus

interestingly this author, jeff quinn, liked the firearm: quote ... R51 is very comfortable to fire. unquote

my sources say Remington has not released them to the distributors...yet!

ipse

solus

uh, jeff doesn't have hands he has HUGE paws which make mine look small...

i saw the black and immediately considered grease/powder residue, etc. from holding the firearm the way he was...

ipse

mobiushky

interestingly this author, jeff quinn, liked the firearm: quote ... R51 is very comfortable to fire. unquote

my sources say Remington has not released them to the distributors...yet!

ipse

Lol, yeah. That's why it's good to hear from/read multiple sources of reviews. (Not disparaging Jeff btw, just noting that more opinions helps paint a better picture.) It can be as simple as how the shooters hold the gun. One review may have a particular hold that lends itself to discomfort while the other finds it comfortable. And for record, I tend to think Jeff's note about comfort is probably more in line with what most people would say as opposed to TTAG.