Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Jailtime for guy who slapped toddler on a Delta Airlines flight ...

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838

    Jailtime for guy who slapped toddler on a Delta Airlines flight ...

    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/...ntenced-698432

    Posted this .. take a look at the guy's pic on the bottom ... priceless ...

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    3,277
    That clown was lucky not to have been charged with a "Hate Crime"..

    My .02

    Best regards

    CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    760
    If the guy had gotten drunk and killed the kid with his car he would have received less jail time.

  4. #4
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,603
    Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    If the guy had gotten drunk and killed the kid with his car he would have received less jail time.
    Really?

    In Georgia (where they were landing), First degree vehicular homicide is punishable by 3 to 15 years of imprisonment - more if previously designated a habitual offender.

    http://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/...le-15/40-6-393
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    3,277
    Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    If the guy had gotten drunk and killed the kid with his car he would have received less jail time.
    Hi Onus

    I dissent on this one my friend. The last two convictions in NJ for murder with vehicle while intoxicated landed the suspects 7 year sentences and they must serve 85% of the sentence...

    Best regards

    CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

  6. #6
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Really?

    In Georgia (where they were landing), First degree vehicular homicide is punishable by 3 to 15 years of imprisonment - more if previously designated a habitual offender.

    http://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/...le-15/40-6-393
    Really?

    Mitchell’s apologies have evolved over the years. He pleaded guilty in April of 2010 of reckless homicide and aggravated reckless driving, and was sentenced to 30 months on probation. A week later, during a civil hearing, he refused to admit that he caused the collision.

    http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/i...398229778.html
    Different facts different deals provided the cop.....or citizen.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Really?

    Different facts different deals provided the cop.....or citizen.
    They are different charges different cases. Yet again what does it have to do with police?


    Edit: different STATE also.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Primus; 01-08-2014 at 11:21 AM.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  8. #8
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,270
    Same, homicide, the degree of homicide is the only difference.

    Anyway.
    In October, Hundley pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge. While prosecutors recommended a six-month prison term, a federal magistrate today opted for a harsher sentence due to Hundley’s prior conviction for assaulting a girlfriend.
    Which has nothing to do with slapping a baby. Now, prior violent acts in his past you say? There is no indication (information) that ties past behavior to the latest event, the "judge" made the connection. The prosecutor did not go there. Maybe the prosecutor is too stupid to have discovered the past violent behavior. Or, maybe the prosecutor knows that his past is not germane to the charged offense.

    This magistrate took it upon himself to undermine the prosecutor. The punishment does not fit the crime. That is how the event in the op relates to cops. The "judge" screwed over the prosecutor and the perp. A drunk cop would have gotten what the prosecutor recommended, I am certain of it as surely as I post this post.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    was sentenced today to eight months in federal prison.

    Just FYI ....

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    Hi Onus

    I dissent on this one my friend. The last two convictions in NJ for murder with vehicle while intoxicated landed the suspects 7 year sentences and they must serve 85% of the sentence...

    Best regards

    CCJ
    In California people aren't nearly that much time.

  11. #11
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Same, homicide, the degree of homicide is the only difference.

    Anyway.Which has nothing to do with slapping a baby. Now, prior violent acts in his past you say? There is no indication (information) that ties past behavior to the latest event, the "judge" made the connection. The prosecutor did not go there. Maybe the prosecutor is too stupid to have discovered the past violent behavior. Or, maybe the prosecutor knows that his past is not germane to the charged offense.

    This magistrate took it upon himself to undermine the prosecutor. The punishment does not fit the crime. That is how the event in the op relates to cops. The "judge" screwed over the prosecutor and the perp. A drunk cop would have gotten what the prosecutor recommended, I am certain of it as surely as I post this post.
    I remember that video of the cops who didn't want to arrest a drunk driver because of his occupation......and it wasn't a pizza delivery boy.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    3,277
    Hi Folks,

    Lets resume discussion concerning the original topic if I may.. The drunk passenger was screaming racial slurs to the boys Mother and Son (per the court findings). It was also determined that the defendant was drinking alcohol however I did not see if his blood alcohol level was introduce into court records.. So the facts are, the defendant drinking and yelling racial slurs at another human being and her 19 month old son then proceeds to assault the child by slapping the child in the head and face while yelling racial slurs at the Mother and Child...

    In my opinion this drunk racist should have been charged with a hate crime, hence the racial slurs and the hateful aggressive assault on a defenseless child.. Other charges should have included, aggravated assault, assault of a minor, attempted murder ( when a grown man slaps a defenseless 19 month old child in the face and head clearly there is malicious intent in his mind and heart...

    Any physical abuse of a child by an adult should render the adult the strictest punishments allowable under the sentencing guidelines..
    Eight months is simply not enough punishment for this racist, child abusing, drunk, ignorant bastard..

    My .02

    Best regards.

    CCJ
    Last edited by countryclubjoe; 01-08-2014 at 10:57 PM.
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    I don't think that the crimes characterized as "hate crimes" have no basis in being passed. Why should motive be a new crime? Its the outcome of the actions based on motive that should be punished.

    Another slippy slope ...

  14. #14
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,270
    Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    Hi Folks,

    Lets resume discussion concerning the original topic if I may.. The drunk passenger was screaming racial slurs to the boys Mother and Son (per the court findings). It was also determined that the defendant was drinking alcohol however I did not see if his blood alcohol level was introduce into court records.. So the facts are, the defendant drinking and yelling racial slurs at another human being and her 19 month old son then proceeds to assault the child by slapping the child in the head and face while yelling racial slurs at the Mother and Child...

    In my opinion this drunk racist should have been charged with a hate crime, hence the racial slurs and the hateful aggressive assault on a defenseless child.. Other charges should have included, aggravated assault, assault of a minor, attempted murder ( when a grown man slaps a defenseless 19 month old child in the face and head clearly there is malicious intent in his mind and heart...

    Any physical abuse of a child by an adult should render the adult the strictest punishments allowable under the sentencing guidelines..
    Eight months is simply not enough punishment for this racist, child abusing, drunk, ignorant bastard..

    My .02

    Best regards.

    CCJ
    The prosecutor disagrees(ed) with your assessment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •