• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jailtime for guy who slapped toddler on a Delta Airlines flight ...

countryclubjoe

That clown was lucky not to have been charged with a "Hate Crime"..

My .02

Best regards

CCJ

onus

If the guy had gotten drunk and killed the kid with his car he would have received less jail time.

countryclubjoe

If the guy had gotten drunk and killed the kid with his car he would have received less jail time.

Hi Onus

I dissent on this one my friend. The last two convictions in NJ for murder with vehicle while intoxicated landed the suspects 7 year sentences and they must serve 85% of the sentence...

Best regards

CCJ

OC for ME

Really?

In Georgia (where they were landing), First degree vehicular homicide is punishable by 3 to 15 years of imprisonment - more if previously designated a habitual offender.

http://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-40/chapter-6/article-15/40-6-393
Really?

Mitchell’s apologies have evolved over the years. He pleaded guilty in April of 2010 of reckless homicide and aggravated reckless driving, and was sentenced to 30 months on probation. A week later, during a civil hearing, he refused to admit that he caused the collision.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_40c3d4b6-fbff-5362-9115-4de398229778.html
Different facts different deals provided the cop.....or citizen.

Primus

Really?

Different facts different deals provided the cop.....or citizen.

They are different charges different cases. Yet again what does it have to do with police?

Edit: different STATE also.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OC for ME

Same, homicide, the degree of homicide is the only difference.

Anyway.
In October, Hundley pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge. While prosecutors recommended a six-month prison term, a federal magistrate today opted for a harsher sentence due to Hundley’s prior conviction for assaulting a girlfriend.
Which has nothing to do with slapping a baby. Now, prior violent acts in his past you say? There is no indication (information) that ties past behavior to the latest event, the "judge" made the connection. The prosecutor did not go there. Maybe the prosecutor is too stupid to have discovered the past violent behavior. Or, maybe the prosecutor knows that his past is not germane to the charged offense.

This magistrate took it upon himself to undermine the prosecutor. The punishment does not fit the crime. That is how the event in the op relates to cops. The "judge" screwed over the prosecutor and the perp. A drunk cop would have gotten what the prosecutor recommended, I am certain of it as surely as I post this post.

onus

Hi Onus

I dissent on this one my friend. The last two convictions in NJ for murder with vehicle while intoxicated landed the suspects 7 year sentences and they must serve 85% of the sentence...

Best regards

CCJ

In California people aren't nearly that much time.

sudden valley gunner

Same, homicide, the degree of homicide is the only difference.

Anyway.Which has nothing to do with slapping a baby. Now, prior violent acts in his past you say? There is no indication (information) that ties past behavior to the latest event, the "judge" made the connection. The prosecutor did not go there. Maybe the prosecutor is too stupid to have discovered the past violent behavior. Or, maybe the prosecutor knows that his past is not germane to the charged offense.

This magistrate took it upon himself to undermine the prosecutor. The punishment does not fit the crime. That is how the event in the op relates to cops. The "judge" screwed over the prosecutor and the perp. A drunk cop would have gotten what the prosecutor recommended, I am certain of it as surely as I post this post.

I remember that video of the cops who didn't want to arrest a drunk driver because of his occupation......and it wasn't a pizza delivery boy.

countryclubjoe

Hi Folks,

Lets resume discussion concerning the original topic if I may.. The drunk passenger was screaming racial slurs to the boys Mother and Son (per the court findings). It was also determined that the defendant was drinking alcohol however I did not see if his blood alcohol level was introduce into court records.. So the facts are, the defendant drinking and yelling racial slurs at another human being and her 19 month old son then proceeds to assault the child by slapping the child in the head and face while yelling racial slurs at the Mother and Child...

In my opinion this drunk racist should have been charged with a hate crime, hence the racial slurs and the hateful aggressive assault on a defenseless child.. Other charges should have included, aggravated assault, assault of a minor, attempted murder ( when a grown man slaps a defenseless 19 month old child in the face and head clearly there is malicious intent in his mind and heart...

Any physical abuse of a child by an adult should render the adult the strictest punishments allowable under the sentencing guidelines..
Eight months is simply not enough punishment for this racist, child abusing, drunk, ignorant bastard..

My .02

Best regards.

CCJ

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I don't think that the crimes characterized as "hate crimes" have no basis in being passed. Why should motive be a new crime? Its the outcome of the actions based on motive that should be punished.

Another slippy slope ...

OC for ME

Hi Folks,

Lets resume discussion concerning the original topic if I may.. The drunk passenger was screaming racial slurs to the boys Mother and Son (per the court findings). It was also determined that the defendant was drinking alcohol however I did not see if his blood alcohol level was introduce into court records.. So the facts are, the defendant drinking and yelling racial slurs at another human being and her 19 month old son then proceeds to assault the child by slapping the child in the head and face while yelling racial slurs at the Mother and Child...

In my opinion this drunk racist should have been charged with a hate crime, hence the racial slurs and the hateful aggressive assault on a defenseless child.. Other charges should have included, aggravated assault, assault of a minor, attempted murder ( when a grown man slaps a defenseless 19 month old child in the face and head clearly there is malicious intent in his mind and heart...

Any physical abuse of a child by an adult should render the adult the strictest punishments allowable under the sentencing guidelines..
Eight months is simply not enough punishment for this racist, child abusing, drunk, ignorant bastard..

My .02

Best regards.

CCJ
The prosecutor disagrees(ed) with your assessment.