Thread: Legislature is back in session.

Legislature is back in session.

Make sure you keep on your representatives and senators regarding the Second Amendment Preservation Act... remind them this is an election year and we tend to remember in November.

Got to get these boards stirred up again, they've been awful quiet lately.

If I was reading the bill correctly even if it passes it does NOT become law until August 28, 2017? Again 2017 wth if this is true what a damn joke!

And this is a good thing. it seems that this session will define the 2A restoration efforts for Mo for the foreseeable future. If the 2A bill fails again then the focus must be placed on replacing those legislators who talk the talk but vote against walking the walk. One last chance.

Quote Originally Posted by jad316 View Post
    If I was reading the bill correctly even if it passes it does NOT become law until August 28, 2017? Again 2017 wth if this is true what a damn joke!
    Try reading a bit more first. As was answered in the other thread you asked, that clause only applies to one specific part of the bill. Not to the entire thing.
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Oramac View Post
    Try reading a bit more first. As was answered in the other thread you asked, that clause only applies to one specific part of the bill. Not to the entire thing.
    What part?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

What part are you referring to. Looks like to me it is the entire bill. But the way you responded you must know more than we do at this point. Please respond.

Quote Originally Posted by logunowner View Post
    What part are you referring to. Looks like to me it is the entire bill. But the way you responded you must know more than we do at this point. Please respond.

Post #22 here in the Missouri OCDO page.
    Last edited by Oramac; 01-15-2014 at 11:41 AM.
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Thanks Oramac! This may be the same person on Facebook who keeps raising a ruckus about this date. Also, maybe the same person who calls the bill a failure because it is not perfect, in their eyes......I guess they have a friend who is not a citizen that would not be able to effect the handling of a firearm.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    Thanks Oramac! This may be the same person on Facebook who keeps raising a ruckus about this date. Also, maybe the same person who calls the bill a failure because it is not perfect, in their eyes......I guess they have a friend who is not a citizen that would not be able to effect the handling of a firearm.
    You're welcome! Baby steps. We didn't get to the moon in one day, and we won't get a perfect bill in one either. I'm sure you know that, but it helps to reiterate.

First US suborbital flight - 5 May 1961
    On the moon - 20July 1969

CCW in MO - 26 February 2004

OC banned - Circa 1985?
    OC bans repealed - Circa 2014?.....

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    First US suborbital flight - 5 May 1961
    On the moon - 20July 1969

CCW in MO - 26 February 2004

OC banned - Circa 1985?
    OC bans repealed - Circa 2014?.....
    Always the funny guy ain't ya! lol.

Thank-you for setting me straight, I've always been a slow learner....thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by logunowner View Post
    Thank-you for setting me straight, I've always been a slow learner....thanks again.
    No worries man. Glad we got it figured out! Thank you for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    if by ruckus you mean sending liberals into hyperventilation, panty wetting and emotional tantrums over their complete disregard to the majority of the facts at hand concerning firearms, healthcare, immigration and their chosen one then i fit the bill.

that other stuff mentioned does not fit me at all.
    I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by Broondog View Post
    if by ruckus you mean sending liberals into hyperventilation, panty wetting and emotional tantrums over their complete disregard to the majority of the facts at hand concerning firearms, healthcare, immigration and their chosen one then i fit the bill.

that other stuff mentioned does not fit me at all.
    Nope, the other person thinks the whole bill doesn't take effect until 2017 and a non-citizen friend can't carry/own a firearm; with that said, he wants the whole bill repealed. Who knows, he could be a the above mentioned!
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain