• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Legislature is back in session.

JEStucker

Make sure you keep on your representatives and senators regarding the Second Amendment Preservation Act... remind them this is an election year and we tend to remember in November.

Got to get these boards stirred up again, they've been awful quiet lately.

jad316

If I was reading the bill correctly even if it passes it does NOT become law until August 28, 2017? Again 2017 wth if this is true what a damn joke!

OC for ME

And this is a good thing. it seems that this session will define the 2A restoration efforts for Mo for the foreseeable future. If the 2A bill fails again then the focus must be placed on replacing those legislators who talk the talk but vote against walking the walk. One last chance.

Oramac

If I was reading the bill correctly even if it passes it does NOT become law until August 28, 2017? Again 2017 wth if this is true what a damn joke!

Try reading a bit more first. As was answered in the other thread you asked, that clause only applies to one specific part of the bill. Not to the entire thing.

logunowner

Try reading a bit more first. As was answered in the other thread you asked, that clause only applies to one specific part of the bill. Not to the entire thing.

What part are you referring to. Looks like to me it is the entire bill. But the way you responded you must know more than we do at this point. Please respond.

Redbaron007

Post #22 here in the Missouri OCDO page.

Thanks Oramac! This may be the same person on Facebook who keeps raising a ruckus about this date. Also, maybe the same person who calls the bill a failure because it is not perfect, in their eyes......I guess they have a friend who is not a citizen that would not be able to effect the handling of a firearm.

Oramac

Thanks Oramac! This may be the same person on Facebook who keeps raising a ruckus about this date. Also, maybe the same person who calls the bill a failure because it is not perfect, in their eyes......I guess they have a friend who is not a citizen that would not be able to effect the handling of a firearm.

You're welcome! Baby steps. We didn't get to the moon in one day, and we won't get a perfect bill in one either. I'm sure you know that, but it helps to reiterate.

OC for ME

First US suborbital flight - 5 May 1961
On the moon - 20July 1969

CCW in MO - 26 February 2004

OC banned - Circa 1985?
OC bans repealed - Circa 2014?.....
rotfl.gif

Broondog

if by ruckus you mean sending liberals into hyperventilation, panty wetting and emotional tantrums over their complete disregard to the majority of the facts at hand concerning firearms, healthcare, immigration and their chosen one then i fit the bill.

that other stuff mentioned does not fit me at all. :)

Redbaron007

if by ruckus you mean sending liberals into hyperventilation, panty wetting and emotional tantrums over their complete disregard to the majority of the facts at hand concerning firearms, healthcare, immigration and their chosen one then i fit the bill.

that other stuff mentioned does not fit me at all. :)

Nope, the other person thinks the whole bill doesn't take effect until 2017 and a non-citizen friend can't carry/own a firearm; with that said, he wants the whole bill repealed. Who knows, he could be a the above mentioned! ;)