Thread: Glock G42

Glock G42

Glock armorers and gun geeks my curiosity is tingling and I need your opinions!

How easily could the .380 Glock be converted to use 9mm Makarov?

9X18 is longer than .380, it would depend probably on the magazine and the mag well. If it has a locking breach, it should be no problem loading .380 to the max pressure.

Personally IMO a 9mm compact would probably be a better option if more power is needed.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

.380 is a 9x17mm cartridge right?

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeV View Post
    .380 is a 9x17mm cartridge right?
    Yup, 1MM shorter, not much but it could cause problems fitting a longer round in the magazine and getting proper feed. I take it you already have 9X18 ammo?
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Yeah I have a lot of 9x18, I like Glocks, I think makarovs are a bit expensive last I checked, and never been a huge fan of .380.

I love my CZ-82 though. It's double stack, so another single stack option would be cool.

Yeah I have a lot of 9x18, I like Glocks, I think makarovs are a bit expensive last I checked, and never been a huge fan of .380.

I love my CZ-82 though. It's double stack, so another single stack option would be cool.
    Per spec, the 9X18 Mak and the .380Auto have the same overall length of 25.0 mm maximum. I'd think the bullets would fit in the magazines, but the chamber would have to be milled to fit the longer case of the mak.... I wonder how long it will be before lone wolf starts doing this? SAAMI pressure says 21,500 for .380 and 23,206 for 9X18. So it's like a +p .380 really.

Seems like the mak is really becoming popular now. Maybe because of lack of 9mm?

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by mobiushky View Post
    Per spec, the 9X18 Mak and the .380Auto have the same overall length of 25.0 mm maximum. I'd think the bullets would fit in the magazines, but the chamber would have to be milled to fit the longer case of the mak.... I wonder how long it will be before lone wolf starts doing this? SAAMI pressure says 21,500 for .380 and 23,206 for 9X18. So it's like a +p .380 really.

Seems like the mak is really becoming popular now. Maybe because of lack of 9mm?
    not only is the mak a mm longer case,,, but
    the mak bullet dia is .365 v the 380 is .357.
    sooo a new barrel is needed.

if you want a single stack in 9 mak i say look at p64,,, nice for 250$ when you find one...

ETA... just checked,, my 380 mag will not accept a 9 mak, they are too fat!!!
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 01-08-2014 at 06:25 PM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    not only is the mak a mm longer case,,, but
    the mak bullet dia is .365 v the 380 is .357.
    sooo a new barrel is needed.

if you want a single stack in 9 mak i say look at p64,,, nice for 250$ when you find one...

ETA... just checked,, my 380 mag will not accept a 9 mak, they are too fat!!!
    Good catch. My semi-dyslexia kicked in and I was thinking .356. Thanks for pointing that out.

I could have sworn CZ-82 and 83's used the same mags

I could have sworn CZ-82 and 83's used the same mags
    They may, but they are not Glocks, I believe the LC9 and the LC380 use the same mags, but the LCP uses a smaller magazine.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump