• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock G42

WalkingWolf

9X18 is longer than .380, it would depend probably on the magazine and the mag well. If it has a locking breach, it should be no problem loading .380 to the max pressure.

Personally IMO a 9mm compact would probably be a better option if more power is needed.

ComradeV

Campaign Veteran
Yeah I have a lot of 9x18, I like Glocks, I think makarovs are a bit expensive last I checked, and never been a huge fan of .380.

I love my CZ-82 though. It's double stack, so another single stack option would be cool.

mobiushky

Yeah I have a lot of 9x18, I like Glocks, I think makarovs are a bit expensive last I checked, and never been a huge fan of .380.

I love my CZ-82 though. It's double stack, so another single stack option would be cool.

Per spec, the 9X18 Mak and the .380Auto have the same overall length of 25.0 mm maximum. I'd think the bullets would fit in the magazines, but the chamber would have to be milled to fit the longer case of the mak.... I wonder how long it will be before lone wolf starts doing this? SAAMI pressure says 21,500 for .380 and 23,206 for 9X18. So it's like a +p .380 really.

Seems like the mak is really becoming popular now. Maybe because of lack of 9mm?

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Per spec, the 9X18 Mak and the .380Auto have the same overall length of 25.0 mm maximum. I'd think the bullets would fit in the magazines, but the chamber would have to be milled to fit the longer case of the mak.... I wonder how long it will be before lone wolf starts doing this? SAAMI pressure says 21,500 for .380 and 23,206 for 9X18. So it's like a +p .380 really.

Seems like the mak is really becoming popular now. Maybe because of lack of 9mm?

not only is the mak a mm longer case,,, but
the mak bullet dia is .365 v the 380 is .357.
sooo a new barrel is needed.

if you want a single stack in 9 mak i say look at p64,,, nice for 250$ when you find one...

ETA... just checked,, my 380 mag will not accept a 9 mak, they are too fat!!!

Last edited:

mobiushky

not only is the mak a mm longer case,,, but
the mak bullet dia is .365 v the 380 is .357.
sooo a new barrel is needed.

if you want a single stack in 9 mak i say look at p64,,, nice for 250$ when you find one...

ETA... just checked,, my 380 mag will not accept a 9 mak, they are too fat!!!

Good catch. My semi-dyslexia kicked in and I was thinking .356. Thanks for pointing that out.